title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Real problems using dbpoweramp, please help

Exclamation Real problems using dbpoweramp, please help

I am still having trouble with this, Ive De selected all meta except for freedb, but it is still splitting albums..ive put Annie lennox Diva in the drive to rip to flac, it is ripping this to my nas drive. everything shows up fine on the drive but when i go on the remote foe my streamer it is showing 2 folders. One says annie lennox and the other Diva. it has split the songs between the 2 folders, also some have the track numbers in one folder the others dont. ive had my streamer for 2 weeks now and not even used it due to complications im having. I am having trouble with this with every album i rip. i dont know what to do, dont know how to edit Idtags if need be, do i need to use ASSET or another codec?

Ive been to the shop that i bought the streamer from and they have no trouble using dbpoweramp, they are not using the reference version though. I know ive gone on about this but dont know what else to do....please help.

Re: Real problems using dbpoweramp, please help

Hi Toma,

what file format (mp3. flac,...) is it you are generating?
    Have you used something like mp3tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/) to brows the whole folder and compare/correct the tag entries?
    do all files sit in the same folder?
    have you updated forced your streamer to update the library or performed a re-scan
    are you sure you monitor the right folder structure?

Best luck

im using flac...Id like to use this as my remote will show the album artwork that FLAC supports. The Music sits in my shared music folder on My book live duo drive, ive not transfered all my music yet i just try it with one album to see if i can get it to work. you've lost me when you say forced the streamer to update library etc.. sorry im not very good with computers

Toma,

forced the streamer to update library etc..
    forcing the streamer or what ever device/ software shows your playlist/media library to rebuild its information ( essentially, start from scratch and scan the specified music folder(s) again - there must be some function available to do this)

More important, you need to make sure that the tags inside your flac-files are actually the one you expect. Therefore, you have to use some program able to read/modify tags. Please download mp3tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/) and verify you album by drag'n'drop the entire folder into mp3tag one it is installed and running.

Let me know what you get from mp3tag.
    Cheers,
    Tobi

Hi Toma

"force the streamer to update"
    The streamer only knows which music to play if it knows where to find what.
    For this the streamer needs to know the place (external storage) and the names of the sound tracks.
    The information is stored in an index, to be used every time you play music via the streamer.
    Everytime the stored sound tracks is changed (usually added) the streamer needs to update the index.
    In the streamer user interface there will be a menu item to instruct the streamer to update the index.
    This can be automatic (e.g. every day) or manual (you give the command).
    Look for something like "Music Library Update " and "Settings" or "Options" or similar.

Which streamer do you have (make and type) ?
    Perhaps there is someone reading this thread who has the same type and can instruct you further.

I have a Sonos system.
    good luck, Ben