title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can I get multi-disc sets to rip into sub-folders under the album folder?

Can I get multi-disc sets to rip into sub-folders under the album folder?

Hi,

This is my Naming string:
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [IFCOMP][artist] - [][title]

Using the example in the software...

It does exactly what I want for single-disc artist albums: Madonna \Immaculate\05 Holiday
    It does exactly what I want for single-disc various artists albums: Various Artists\Immaculate\05 Madonna - Holiday

However...

For a multi-disc artist album, it does this: Madonna\Immaculate, Disc 1\05 Holiday
    And for a multi-disc various artists album it does this: Various Artists\Immaculate, Disc 1\05 Madonna - Holiday

Ideally, I would prefer each disc in a multi-disc set to have its own sub-folder under the album folder. Examples:
    Madonna\Immaculate\Disc 1\05 Holiday
    Various Artists\Immaculate\Disc 1\05 Madonna - Holiday

I've tried a couple several different selections in the Meta Data Options, but no luck so far. (And I freely admit that I don't really understand how to read or create the coding in the Naming string & that doesn't help. I've been experimenting by trial & error & need some help!)

Thanks!

Administrator

Re: Can I get multi-disc sets to rip into sub-folders under the album folder?

You would add:

[IFMULTI][disc]\[]

In to where you want the disc, an remove the option in Options >> ID Tags and Metadata which adds , Disc to the album name.

Re: Can I get multi-disc sets to rip into sub-folders under the album folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You would add:

[IFMULTI][disc]\[]

In to where you want the disc, an remove the option in Options >> ID Tags and Metadata which adds , Disc to the album name.
    Thank you!!

I made one small change, adding the word "Disc", so now the Naming string looks like this:
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc]\[][track] [IFCOMP][artist] - [][title]

And changed the Add Disc to Album setting to "never". Just what I wanted.

Great service!