title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: PerfectTUNES discussion

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Just tried perfect tunes album art on one of my larger drives. I selected the fix all button. The stats I get are 5422 total albums, 511 low res albums, 1027 previously fixed albums and 2836 albums without art. The thing is that lots of these '2836 albums without art' are easily googled and have pictures of albums readily available. So not really sure what I've done wrong or not done etc. but it hasn't worked as I'd hoped/expected.
    Any pointers please?

Administrator

Can you give an example of a popular album, I need Album Artist + Album name exactly as they are stored in the file.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Can you give an example of a popular album, I need Album Artist + Album name exactly as they are stored in the file.
    Alan Parsons Project
    A Valid Path

Suzi Quatro
    A's, B's & Rarities

the above copied from ID-Tag tab in the properties menu of the file

Thanks Spoon

Administrator

We do not have those album arts (we have about 40 arts for each of those respective artists). Over time our database fills...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

can I access the other 40 to choose a suitable temporary solution? With 2836 missing it would be useful to do that for frequently used albums.
    thnx

Administrator

The artworks are for different albums.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The artworks are for different albums.
    Yes I understand that. Would be good to be able to show all the available artworks though. I can then use a generic picture until the real one becomes available. - better than none and easier than googling. would be nice if that option was available to us. (I suppose I could rename a tag but then I'd need to know what you actually have and then edit a file etc - I doubt it will be worth the effort - great to just choose from what you had by artist or something)
    thnx

Hi all,

I have played with De-Dup some time ago, and I loved it because I have been able to export my duplicate list to some text file. I reinstalled De-Dup on my new computer, ran it again and ... I can't find anyway to export the duplicate list anymore. What am I doing wrong ? I can't believe this feature has been removed ?

Thanks for all your good piece of software guys,

Administrator

Click the Settings button on the tool bar, there is the export option.

Click the Settings button on the tool bar, there is the export option.
    I wish I could see it. I only have 2 blocks : Music Library and Options. Music library allows me to add folders. There are 3 items under Options : Deleted files to recycle bin, Confirm file deletion and Confirm Read-only file deletion. Can't find anything else. Albeit De-Dup has listened about 50000 flac files and found 18000 duplicates.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Administrator

Perhaps you have an older version installed, as there are 2 extra lines in the options section 'Export Duplicate List' and 'Clear Database Cache'

That's my conclusion. The De-Dup executable is 1.0.0.3 (found with properties in file explorer). And there is no AccurateRip in the package installed.
    Sorry for the noise. Don't know how I could have messed up this way. I reinstalled and that's ok now.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Please add an option to skip all non-lossless tracks in Perfectunes AccurateRip (option needs to be able to disable/re-enable scanning per run, i.e. first i'd like to run only my lossless file, next time i start the program i want to leave the program running overnight to check all my mp3 files, third time i run it i just want to scan the lossless files again, including anything recently added )

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    2. Would it be possible to add an option, which allows to find all the album art which are not squares (i.e. their resolution is X * Y, where X <> Y ) ?
    Unfortunately - some CPs (and media servers) don't rescale the art during rendering ...
    Please allow some % tolerance here. A lot of my art is 600 x 597 and suchlike.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

My first test with the current beta. Works very, very well! Congrats!

Now my two cents:

- don't scan entire music collection on first start; possibily ask user what is the default folder before starting

- Allow "fix all" also for the entire track list, not only for the tracks missing arts or those arts not matching the proper criteria

- Fix possible exceptions such as AC/DC (currently tagged as AC;DC will lead to an artist called AC)

- In the results windows, add a "Stop" button to halt cover art search

- You could add a maximum results text box

- On 2 seconds mouse over, show a 1:1 preview of the image; handy to verify before inserting; wonderful if you could place side by side current art and previewed art!

- Add "Rescan All" & "Rescan" (per track) button (avoids exiting the program to refresh list)

- On demand, disable the smooth scrolling

Questions:

- What source do you use?