title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: duplicate music files showing??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question duplicate music files showing??

morning guys...
    ive just brought a My book live duo. Ive copied a cd to this drive but when i go to play a song through my streamer it either has all duplicates of the album songs or just 1 duplicate of a song and the rest are normal?

When i look at the hard drive music folder everything is showing normal.

Is this dbpower doing this? if so any ideas

Many thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: duplicate music files showing??

It is impossible for dbpoweramp to create duplicates if you are copying single files. For there to be duplicates there has to be the same file in two locations.

dBpoweramp Guru

Actually in the next days, we release something called PerfectTUNES de-dup to beta test, this would show if there are duplicate files.

I have a Cyrus streamline and the n remote always shows duplicate files of the album, other times when i rip a cd its only duplicated the first song in the album. on the remote there is a sub folder in the music folder called FOLDER the other songs are in there but when i go into my book live there is only a shared music folder not any other folders with music files in it.....Im gonna go bold this is driving me nuts.

is dbpoweramp putting songs in a sub folder as well as the hard drive ??

Administrator

Unless you use Multi Encoder, dBpoweramp will only write one audio file per track.

Right I think I know what the problem is, it's the I'd tagging... For some reason I get all the album downloaded but get one of the songs put in another folder on hard drive. What is the best way to get the I'd tags/ meta data so it transfers the whole album??
    Last edited by Toma; 03-26-2012 at 07:33 AM.