title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Artists showing seperates in Squeezebox (server and app)

Artists showing seperates in Squeezebox (server and app)

Hello all,

First of all, congrats ona great product. Just did my first rip and it was like steeling candy from a baby. All the integrated tools (AR, meta, covers) make this the ideal ripper. I'm using the trail right now, but I will purchase it today, just need to borrow my neighbors creditcard (don't worry, I'll pay him back :D).

I'm running in too a problem thought, which is probably not a DBpoweramp problem, but a logitech problem.
    For starters, I'm using a Squeezebox receiver (firmware 77) and a synology DS212j (DSM 4.0).

In windows, after ripping the ID tags show up perfectly, however in Logitech Media Server and in the IOS and Android app the artist name has split every letter by a seperate and completely random.

Anybody already encoutered this? I've searched for a solution, but found nothing so far.
    Any help would be great, thanks in advance!!!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Artists showing seperates in Squeezebox (server and app)

very odd. I've never seen this problem with squeezebox (and I'm a long time user). First, in your SbS or LMS, I'd go to settings, then do a "clear and rescan" of your music library. If that doesn't solve the problem, you should post at the sb forums with these pictures. A lot of helpful users there. Post here:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/forumd...h-Media-Server

Thanks Garym,

Clearing and rescanning didn't do the job :(
    Just posted in the slimdevices forum. Hope someone there has had the same and fixed it.
    If I find/get a fix I surely be posting it here too, incase anyone else encounters the problem.

link

Well, I maneged to pinpoint the problem.
    Under LMS setting tab 'my music' there is the option 'Separator for Multiple Items in Tags'.
    I had entered " - " there resulting in the mentioned problem. Leaving it blank sorted the problem

Your typical user error..........