title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: No ID Tags showing up on CD Rips.

No ID Tags showing up on CD Rips.

It's been awhile since I've ripped CD's using this program but I just picked a few up recently and thought I would rip them to WAVE as apposed to Apple Loss less. Now, I'm pretty sure I have ripped to WAVE before and had no issues with ID tags as well as converting files from ALAC to WAVE with no issues but for some reason they aren't showing up in my music folder in windows explorer as well as Jriver.

I just recently switched from Foobar to Jriver and ripped a couple of CD's to WAVE with Jriver with all tags and artwork in place. Is there something conflicting between the 2 programs? I have all dbpoweramp settings the same as they've always been.

Also to note, all tags and album art are present on rip screen while ripping. I'm using 14.2 on Windows 7, 64 bit.

I've never had an issue with this program so I was curious as to why it would bug out all of the sudden since switching player software.

Anyway, if someone could recommend a setting or maybe a reinstall might be necessary?

Thanks.

Dave.

Administrator

Re: No ID Tags showing up on CD Rips.

There would be no conflict, in CD ripper right click where it says 'Rating' (the list title) and enable the Filename column, this will show exactly where the files are being placed.

Thanks for the response Spoon, I can see where they are going if I'm understanding you correct. The rip creates a folder in my music but there is no Meta Data attached all of the sudden with any encoders. Earlier I started to rip a CD, like the first 4 songs and to hurry I skipped the rest of the tracks just to see if fetching data from internet helped and there is no tags for the 4 songs that ripped but the rest that didn't rip or that I skipped all had tags but I skipped them so it said 0 length of coarse.

Also, I couldn't find what you were suggesting with (The List Title). I looked around but didn't see anything that says rating.

Thanks.

The DSP setting was set to 16/44.1 so I cleared it and everything worked fine. would re-sampling from 24/96 down not allow meta data to be added?

I don't usually if ever use the re-sample feature so I must have been messing around awhile back and left the setting on. Everything was there in the right folder and transferred to Jriver with no issues.

Thanks.

Dave.

Administrator

For CD Ripping you would not need any Resample or Bit depth.

Which exact DSP effects did you have? and in which order they were?

Those were the only DSP effects I had selected at some point, just the bit and sample rate for whatever reason and left them selected. I just cleared them and it worked fine. I was ripping 16/44.1 CD'S and had the DSP set to 16/44 at the same time. I had Wave set at uncompressed and everything else as source.

I've ripped 4 or 5 more and everything is as it should be. I guess I should have spent a little more time investigating.

Thanks for the responses Spoon!!

Dave.