title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tag editing AIFF ID3v2

Tag editing AIFF ID3v2

Hi!

I am developing an ID3v2 taging component and now added the feature to tag AIFF files with ID3v2. I converted an MP3 to AIFF with dBpoweramp and succesully created a code to parse the ID3v2 that dBpoweramp wrote.
    Then I wrote the save code, and my load code loads it without problems, but dBpoweramp says no ID3v2 tag in file. Kid can load it too without problems and displays it correctly.

Here is a sample file written with my code: http://www.3delite.hu/Misc/05%20Resp...0Of%20Love.aif

Would you be so kind to test loading this file with dBpoweramp and find out is this file correctly written and if not what am I doing wrong or is this a bug in dBpoweramp?

Thank you!
    3delite

Administrator

Re: Tag editing AIFF ID3v2

You would have to test against iTunes, also dBpoweramp cannot read id3v2.4 tags, only upto id3v2.3

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You would have to test against iTunes, also dBpoweramp cannot read id3v2.4 tags, only upto id3v2.3
    The sample file contains ID3v2.3 tag.

Followed your suggestion and installed iTunes. Seems that it also loads the file correctly.

I was curious what could be the reason dBpoweramp doesn't detect the tag. Unfortunately I don't think I can contact the developers of iTunes to test my file, I was hoping the developer(s) of dBpoweramp would. But if interesting there's that sample file to debug.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards
    3delite

Administrator

I was requesting you test against iTunes, which is the standard AIFF reader.

Anyhow there was an issue, it is fixed in R14.3 (in the beta section of our forum).

Sorry, what

responses very good! )

^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm new here , nice thread!