title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Installed DB software and can no longer use DVD RW!

Angry Installed DB software and can no longer use DVD RW!

I'm new to this after purchasing a Musical Fidelity Clic, and need sotware to rip CD's and use as the 'interface?' between setup 'bits'. However after installing the dBpoweramp software, I can no longer play my cd rom. When looking for a fix it reads - 'Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)'
    I've tried uninstalling the driver and looking for software updates, and uninstalling dbpoweramp software, but no joy!!
    I've taken a day off work to rip all my CD's to flac, but have lost the whole day just trying to fix the drive!!
    Please, can anybody help? Using windows 7 if that helps - oh, and I'm a complete dumbo when it comes to techy stuff, so please be patient with me and explain in words a dumbo will understand - thanks Steve http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/images/smilies/angry.gif

Administrator

Re: Installed DB software and can no longer use DVD RW!

dBpoweramp would not effect the CD drive as you describe, dBpoweramp does not change the hardware connection - or put a different way, for the 40 million installs of dBpoweramp this is the first we have heard of such, so I think it is a coincidence.

If you uninstall dBpoweramp you can be sure there is no 'effect' remaining.

What exactly did you install? Music Converter? CD Writer?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Installed DB software and can no longer use DVD RW!

If you are running Windows 7 you could try a System Restore to the point before you installed dBpoweramp.

PLEASE NOTE: Make sure you understand what System Restore does before running it. Use of system restore is at your own risk. I cannot be held responsible if System Restore does not work correctly. Backup your system and user data first.
    Last edited by mville; 02-08-2012 at 08:28 AM.