title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD Writer says: no CD Writers found

CD Writer says: no CD Writers found

Hi,

CD writer says: no CD writers found.
    What can I do about it?
    My PC: HP Pavillion 600.
    My DVD/CD writer: HL-DT-ST - DVDRAM GSA-T50L (found in dBPoweramp CD Ripper and in registry)

Many thx in advance,

Wim M.

Administrator

Re: CD Writer says: no CD Writers found

Nothing can be done, sorry.

Mhh, why not? Wheres the problem with this model?

My new Windows 7 box has an ATAPI DVD A DH16ABSH SATA burner, which seems to work well for ripping, but appears to not be recognized by CD Writer. Is this also a "nothing can be done" scenario -- is a new drive required? If so, I'd be grateful for recommendations. My old XP box has a working JVC drive that worked well also with CD Writer, but whether there's a W7 driver for it I don't know.

Thanks,

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jeff.bernhard View Post
    My new Windows 7 box has an ATAPI DVD A DH16ABSH SATA burner, which seems to work well for ripping, but appears to not be recognized by CD Writer. Is this also a "nothing can be done" scenario -- is a new drive required? If so, I'd be grateful for recommendations. My old XP box has a working JVC drive that worked well also with CD Writer, but whether there's a W7 driver for it I don't know.

Thanks,

Jeff
    No help with this, so let me ask a different question:

Is there a recommended eSATA external optical drive that will work with W7 64-bit and CD Writer?

Jeff

I have a Plextor PX-L890SA and its not recognized by CD Writer, but it is seen by the Ripper. What's up with this? Do I need a different drive?

Quote Originally Posted by boleary View Post
    I have a Plextor PX-L890SA and its not recognized by CD Writer, but it is seen by the Ripper. What's up with this? Do I need a different drive?
    Any chance I could get an answer on this?

Administrator

A quote from the CD Writer page "please note limited support can be offered for CD Writer if there are incompatibilies with your CD/DVD/BluRay drive."

There is nothing we can offer to help.

Thanks, appreciate the response. Is there a list of supported optical drives?

Administrator

Sorry there is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Sorry there is not.
    Okay, have figured out that my issue may not be my Plextor optical drive. I pulled the optical drive out of an old Dell computer where "cd writer" has always worked and put it in my new computer which has an ASUS P9-X79 motherboard with an i73930 cpu. The old "Dell" drive won't work either trying to run "cd writer." Am running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit. Any suggestions?

Administrator

Possibly it is how the interface is setup

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Possibly it is how the interface is setup
    Am using UEFI bios interface cause I'm using a 3TB hard disc for the OS. Is that the problem, and, if so, do you anticipate accommodating that interface anytime soon in future CD Writer upgrades?

Administrator

There will be no further updates to cd writer.

Had the same problem. Win7 ultimate 64 bit. It turned out CD Writer is not compatible with AHCI. I switched the same drive that couldnt be seen to a sata group that was setup as IDE. Writer saw the drive and worked perfectly

The above was for pc geeks. For non pc geeks I will explain further:

The BIOS or UEFI is the instruction set to tell the computer what to do and how to do it. To access the BIOS/UEFI typically press or toggle the Delete key (sometimes its one of the F keys) during the startup after the beep sound.
    I have not worked with UEFI so I will continue with BIOS.
    1. Go to where the sata groups are listed (on my pc it is "advanced BIOS settings").
    2. A user manual is very useful at this point to tell you which sata ports are grouped together. On my board there are 3 groupings that can be set individually.
    3.The main sata group I set to AHCI for my SSD's (Solid State Drives). A second sata group I set to IDE. This is done in the BIOS or UEFI as described above.
    4. Attach The CD/DVD/BRD to the sata group dedicated to IDE.
    5. Enjoy this outstanding software

Mr. Spoon it may be good to sticky this information. Make your own sticky thread if you like. I dont want any credit. Hopefully it will save you some headache by not having to answer the same question repeatedly
    Thank you for creating this great software.
    Last edited by shive; 11-03-2012 at 11:31 PM.