title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: I have tried several times to add the Nero AAC encoder...

I have tried several times to add the Nero AAC encoder...

I am using version 14.2

I have installed the AAC encoder several times. When I re-open the CD ripper it never appears and tells me that if want to use AAC as my encoder I need to download it.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

Thank you

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: I have tried several times to add the Nero AAC encoder...

Yeah, it's kind of an annoyingly confusing multi-step process with that encoder. What exactly did you download, and what did you do with it afterwards?

dBpoweramp Guru

Well, whatever you tried....give this a shot. Here's a step-by-step for installing the Nero AAC Codec. It actually requires two different components, which are installed separately. It seems a little confusing at first, but it's actually pretty easy if you just follow these steps.

PART I: The dBpoweramp ACC encoder
    1) Download the dBpoweramp ACC encoder.
    2) Double-click the application to install.

PART II: The Nero m4a Nero ACC Encoder (required for the dBpoweramp encoder, above, to work)
    1) Download the Nero Zip package directly from Nero Digital. (Agree to Terms and provide an email address.)
    2) Select the downloaded NeroAACCodec-1.5.1 zip file, and extract all.
    3) Open the extracted NeroAACCodec-1.5.1 folder, then open the win32 subfolder.
    4) Copy the neroAacEnc file (Right click -> Copy).
    5) Browse to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)\
    6) Paste the copied neroAacEnc file into this folder. (Right click -> Paste).
    7) The following five files should now be present in that folder:
    encoder
    mp4creator
    Nero
    neroAacEnc
    toaac
    You should now have the ACC encoder available in the CD Ripper and the Music Converter. :smile2:
    Last edited by BrodyBoy; 10-13-2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Corrected program location to (x86)

Just got a new PC and have just gotten around to installing this codec and am having the same problem. I kind of remember having problems the first time.

Followed all the above instructions but it still didn't work.

However on closer examination of the dbpoweramp/encoder folder I noticed that there was a folder called m4a Nero (AAC). I copied the files into there and it works.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by eggerty View Post
    However on closer examination of the dbpoweramp/encoder folder I noticed that there was a folder called m4a Nero (AAC). I copied the files into there and it works.
    Thank you for the heads up, eggerty. So to be clear, you're saying that the destination folder I listed in Step 5 above should read?:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a Nero (AAC)\

I don't seem to have the option to edit that post now (:(), but I should find a way to correct that.

Thanks again.