title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

problem with forward slash ( /) (dec47) in artist and album artist field

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmyates
    • Nov 2007

problem with forward slash ( /) (dec47) in artist and album artist field

The artist AC/DC contains the forward slash (/) (decimal 47 ASCII). I own version 14 (actually a number of them). The application puts in the back slash (\) (decimal 92) when the CD is ripped. The metadata editing will not save an edit to a forward slash (/). How do I get a forward slash in the Artist field?
    I note a configuration item for GD3 in this area but I turned it off and it still will not accept an edit to a forward slash (/). There is no message saying that the edit is not allowed. I do not have such a substitution in any of the character lists.
    Can anyone explain the situation here? Is there a solution?
    Thanks, wonderful application otherwise and have been a long time user. Particularly appreciate the previous discussion here to fix the duplicate track title issue.
    Jim
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: problem with forward slash ( /) (dec47) in artist and album artist field

'/' for ID3v2 tags are seperators between multiple artists, unless you want two artists 'AC' and 'DC' separate then the value has to change to something else.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jmyates
      • Nov 2007

Thanks. I see now that the ID3v2.3 tags specs say "ID3v2.3 expanded the frame identifier to four characters, and added a number of frames. A frame could contain multiple values, separated with a / character. This is the most widely used version of ID3v2 tags."
      This then brings up the question, Can I choose the replacement character? If so, where in the config is it specified? I note the "Meta Character / Word Replacement" Options choice. Will this replace the the (/) replacement in Artist by "To Replace" = \ and "Replace With" = - for instance?
      Jim

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

you would set '/' to '-'
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jmyates
          • Nov 2007

Thanks. Really appreciate the great customer service.
          Jim

Comment

Working...

]]>