title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Conversion Errors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Conversion Errors

I recently used Batch Ripper to encode ~2000 CDs to AIFF then attempted to convert those files to Apple Lossless using the Batch Converter. Of the 26,770 AIFF files, only 11,360 successfully converted. The AIFF files are stored on one external hard drive (K and the conversions were sent to another external hard drive (J.

The error messages are of three types:

Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'K:\MUSIC FILES\Aaron Weinstein\A Handful Of Stars\._01 After You've Gone.m4a' to 'J:\New Folder\_01 After You've Gone.m4a'
    Unable to decode m4a file (is corrupt or not supported audio type).

Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'K:\MUSIC FILES\Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers\_Unknown_\._3-01 Dat Dere.aif' to 'J:\New Folder\_3-01 Dat Dere.m4a'
    Error first chunk unknown: [clAIFFHandler::ScanFile]

Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'K:\MUSIC FILES\Len_PC2\Duke Ellington & His Orchestra\All Star Road Band, Volume 1\14 Duke Ellington - I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good.aif' to 'J:\New Folder\14 Duke Ellington - I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good.m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'J:\New Folder\14 Duke Ellington - I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good.m4a' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Why won't these files convert?

Administrator

Re: Conversion Errors

see if anything can play the first 2 files you list.

I think you might have HDD corruption.

They play fine in iTunes.

They play fine in WMP and VLC MP as well.

I am under a time crunch to complete this project for a customer and the software is failing. Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue?

Administrator

>Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'K:\MUSIC FILES\Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers\_Unknown_\._3-01 Dat Dere.aif' to 'J:\New Folder\_3-01 Dat Dere.m4a'

Lets concentrate on this file, try converting it on its own to m4a, does it work?

If not copy the file to C:\, does then try converting when on C:, if it still does not work, you can email this file to me:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

do you know about that

anyone know about that something else ?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: do you know about that

The trial has no limitations, run dbpoweramp config and enable the debug option on the music converter tab. Do one conversion and post the log file please.