title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can anyone recommend quality DVD ripper?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • musicmafia
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2008

Can anyone recommend quality DVD ripper?

Ive enjoyed using CD Ripper and db Music Converter for my music collection. I now want to convert some of my own content (not commercial movies) from DVD to digital files I can view on computer. I would like to do this with zero loss in video quality. Can anyone recommend which software would give me the best quality AND be easy to use? Thanks! MM
  • musicmafia
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2008

Re: Can anyone recommend quality DVD ripper?

PS I am on PC using XP if that matters...

Comment

• musicmafia
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2008

I would ultimately like to be able to view the files in Windows Media Player if possible.

Comment

• drjenkins
        • Feb 2006

The only way to convert DVDs with no loss in quality is to remux the VOB files into mpg files using something like this:

VOB2MPG is a DVD to MPG file converter. It goes through a whole DVD VIDEO_TS folder and joins up the various vobsets to produce MPGs for the different titles.

If you have other questions about video file editing, converting, playing, etc., I highly recommend VideoHelp

-drjenkins

Comment

• musicmafia
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by drjenkins
          The only way to convert DVDs with no loss in quality is to remux the VOB files into mpg files using something like this:

VOB2MPG is a DVD to MPG file converter. It goes through a whole DVD VIDEO_TS folder and joins up the various vobsets to produce MPGs for the different titles.

If you have other questions about video file editing, converting, playing, etc., I highly recommend VideoHelp

-drjenkins
          thanks dr, i will check this out...

Comment

• hopsta
            • Aug 2009

I have been using MakeMKV for nearly a year. I have saved 100's of my own DVD's onto my PC. It saves them in MKV file container and you can keep the original video, audio, subtitles, etc. if you wish. It is very fast at saving them too!

You can play MKV in WMP with a codec. Check out this website for more informatio. http://www.matroska.org

Let me know what you think.

Comment

• Razgo
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

I use avs software http://www.avs4you.com/video.aspx

Comment

• GeorgeButel
                • Aug 2005

The best all-around program in my experience is DVDFab. It does cost money, however, but can remove all dvd protections. I have had very poor luck with the quality output of the "converter" type programs.

Comment

Working...

]]>