title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP v4

Re: Asset UPnP v4

Thx for the new version.
    I tried it on windows 7. I am a registered user. How can i register a beta? Now functionality is restricted.
    I also very much miss the search folder Bits. -> 24 bits. It was in v3. I can not find it in v4
    Last edited by q1rene; 09-19-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Administrator

You would install R3 registered, then install R4 over the top.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rsj View Post
    All working now, thank you. However, I have noticed that with the latest version of Kinsky (4.2.1), album art takes a long time to load.
    Tried 4.1.7 (latest stable release) and it is very fast reading art from a ripnas (less than 1 second to populate art on the screen).

Administrator

Update 20th Sept

Internal Memory Cache of file playing, makes asset more resilient to heaving HDD interruptions, such as page file swapping
    Bug Fix: If an item in a playlist was on a network UNC, then would not play

I too noticed the "Bits" option is missing from Advanced Search. Also, the "Detect Changes" and "Refresh All" options are missing from the Details section of Advanced Search. I found it started much faster than implementing it from the Asset configuration dialog.

One other thing I noticed is that I had to turn off Detect And Catalog New Tracks in the Asset configuration dialog. It seems that if I looked at the computer the wrong way, it would attempt a rescan.

I'm using the latest build which I downloaded this morning. It was over-installed on top of the existing install (not allowing for an uninstall first).

I'm using Kinsky desktop 4.17 and running on Windows 7 Professional 32bit.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Spoon

just installed the latest update from Sept 20th.
    This, compared to the previous one, seems to not index custom tags, that I defined in MediadatabasefielsV4.txt under the path Windows\Syswow64.....etc. path (running Asset as a service)
    I am still using the form
    opus,0,NVARCHAR(150)
    movement,0,NVARCHAR(150)
    etc.
    for those tags. Any changes of rules to this?

Thanks

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

UPDATE: did a full rescan, again, no changes.
    Then stopped the service, deleted the whole umedialibrary directory, did a reinstall, edited the MediadatabasefieldsV4.txt file, and did a whole rescan: this corrected the problem
    So: upgrading to the version of Sept. 20th in my case made it necessary to start configuring from scratch, just a forced rescan did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdr View Post
    Hi Spoon

just installed the latest update from Sept 20th.
    This, compared to the previous one, seems to not index custom tags, that I defined in MediadatabasefielsV4.txt under the path Windows\Syswow64.....etc. path (running Asset as a service)
    I am still using the form
    opus,0,NVARCHAR(150)
    movement,0,NVARCHAR(150)
    etc.
    for those tags. Any changes of rules to this?

Thanks

Administrator

It seems that if I looked at the computer the wrong way, it would attempt a rescan.
    Please clarify, looked how? by browsing with Windows Explorer?

Administrator

Update 29th September

New WHS 2011 install!
    New Icons for Asset
    bug fix - upstream album art would disappear if the network was removed, then re-added.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Update 29th September

New WHS 2011 install!
    Wow, great, thanks! Just installed it, works
    Two questions, though:
    1.) I gave Asset a new name in the options. This is also reflected in the configuration files (syswow64-path...). This name then is displayed in both PlugPlayer and Songbook properly. Still, when rebooting the server, Asset is displayed as "Asset-uPnP:servername" again. Only when restarting Asset from the Dashboard, the new name comes up again, but is lost at the server-reboot, again. Any idea, why?

2.) How is the option "multidisk-albums [disc] [track] [title]" supposed to display in Songbook and Plugplayer? In Songbook, with multidisk-albums (of course, tags are set correctly) I do get the display (words written in italic are MY COMMENTS)

1. Title1 (of disc 1)
    2. Title2 (of disk 1)
    1. Title1 (of disc 2)
    2. Title 2 (of disk 2)

And with Plugplayer it is

Title 1 (of disc 1)
    Title 2 (of disk 1)
    Title 1 (of disc 2)
    Title 2 (of disk 2)

So, a disknumber is never displayed. In this example, I have set the display-option [track] [title] off. When I set this to on, I do get a multi-disk-album display for
    Songbook:

1. 1. Title 1 (of disk 1)
    2. 2. Title 2 (of disk 1)
    1. 1. Title 1 (of disk 2)
    2. 2. Title 2 (of disk 2)
    etc

and Plugplayer

1. Title 1 (of disk 1)
    2. Title 2 (of disk 1)
    1. Title 1 (of disk 2)
    2. Title 2 (of disk 1)
    etc.

So, a disknumber never ever is displayed in both Plugplayer and Songbook, but they seem to recognize them, since they sort the discs properly. Do they omit the display?
    Last edited by dvdr; 09-30-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Hi spoon, i've a question and don't know whether this is the right place. But anyway, I'm wondering whether it would be possible to create a second queue (different port) on asset upnp where you can have different settings on. I'm thinking about a queue with the plain stream (raw) and one with the replaygain applied. Plain stream to actively listen to the music, with replaygain for background music (big playlist with different albums). What do you think. is something like this possible?

Administrator

@talisker this is not possible, sorry

@dvdr try kinsky desktop, it would not be doing anything special with disc number (you can try clearing the ={no-identification}
    overide section, which Kinsky would fall under).

I will look into the asset naming.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon
    I am running into another issue: Asset v4 is showing me a different number of albums at different times. This of course is a bit frightening, since I cannot find out, whether there are actually files got corrupt on my server, or if Asset is just making a mistake.

Let me specify:
    I have a huge collection of music, mostly flac (44.1/16, 88.2/24, 96/24, 192/24), some mp3, a few wma lossless. All are tagged correctly
    These files are backed up 1:1 to an external HD. Of course, I can compare filenames (which I do, when backing up using a folder/file comparison program), but that does only put out missing files, not "Asset un-indexable" files, where headers might be corrupt, right?

I am using WHS2011, I have installed the registered v4-version for Windows 7 (run as a service) and just recently installed your WHS-version of v4 on top of that without uninstalling the previous version, as advised.

Now, with Assset v4 I always had the feeling, that my collection-size was diminishing, but never actually wrote down the numbers of tracks and albums.
    Today, I got proof: this morning, after switching on the server, the number of albums is about 300 less than yesterday, when I added 5 new albums and the automatic scan had indexed them.
    I don't have the impression, that the number of files is different, but I am not sure - I am just sure with the numbers of albums.
    I am currently doing a "refresh all" scan to see the outcome.

I don't have the server running 24/7, I just switch it on when listening to music. But I give it enough time to index new files and make sure, Asset has finished the scan, before shutting it down. Also, when finding out about the diminished number of albums today, I remote desktoped into WHS2011 and made sure, that there was no indexing happening that very moment, which could have been an explanation for the smaller number of albums.

Is there anything I can provide to you, that helps you looking into the matter?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Spoon, thanks for the update...

Installing over an existing install on server 2008 r2 now retains all of the settings.

When I browse the genre tag The icon show albumart from that genre, nice, but when there are more than one genre that the album belongs to there is no art and I get the folder icon.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Spoon
    in addition to my above post: where did the option "detecting changes" and "rescan all" go - I can't find it anymore in the "details" section of the browse tree on songbook, kinsky or plugplayer.... Is this part of my problem or did you remove this option?