title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP v4

Administrator

Asset UPnP v4

<now released>
    Last edited by Spoon; 03-09-2012 at 03:28 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset UPnP v3.1

Spoon
    sound great, will try tonight.
    Question for WHS: is there no WHS installer anymore? Or will you provide one shortly?
    When installing the provided .exe on a WHS with an existing R3: install as "local account" or "as service"?
    Last edited by dvdr; 06-29-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Administrator

The WHS install will be provided on release, for now if you install as set out, set to Service then reboot the WHS box, that is all that needs to be done.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Hi Spoon - I've loaded the new beta and it's nice to see that bug I reported (jukebox playlist was almost-but-not-quite alphabetical) sorted.
    However, I now have an issue with 3.1 regarding the way it deals with time within a track.
    Firstly, if I press the double arrow keys (to skip ten seconds through a track) my DS appears to reboot. Also, using either Chorus DS or PluPlayer as control points remaining track time is odd.
    In the case of ChorusDS the remaining time is simply shown as '??:??':-

...and with Plugplayer the lapsed and remaing times step up in unison, rather than lapsed going up and remaining going down:-

Any thoughts? With a bit of faffing I could try Kinsky as well if that'll help.

Regards

Mick

dBpoweramp Guru

While installing Asset UPnP v3.1, this error was logged in the system log:

Is this a potential issue?

TIA
    Last edited by mville; 06-30-2011 at 08:12 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I can confirm the time display problem with chorus and Songbook.
    ??:?? and elapsed and remaining time are the same.

As a extra question.
    Is it possible to retain all the settings while trying out beta's?
    Is there a setting file I can copy and restore?

Great to finally see the most played etc fields filled
    Good luck with the bug fixes:smile2:

Administrator

>While installing Asset UPnP v3.1, this error was logged in the system log:

Not a problem.

I will investigate the time issue. Settings should always be preserved, even through uninstalls.

I seem to be losing album art. I typically browse on an artist/album or albumartist/album basis, and for each of these the album list initially won't display the album art (just the dashed lines where the image would be). If I select and play an album however, the art will display for that album. Often when selecting one album the art may show up for all the other albums too.
    I've tried clearing the cache in the AlbumArtv3 folder in AppData and did a full refresh - no joy, it's still doing it.

Just gone back to 3.0 - hmm, same problem.

Administrator

It is a problem with your control point me thinks

You are correct sir! Uninstalled Kinskydesktop, went back to last stable release (I am a sucker for beta versions), all working.

Administrator

Update 14th July

Small update to fix the issue seen on Linn players where the length of the track was not shown.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Update 14th July

Small update to fix the issue seen on Linn players where the length of the track was not shown.
    Excellent - thanks Spoon.

Mick

Administrator

New update 20th July

Major Addition: Dynamic Browsing - added automatically to the default tree (if you have an existing Asset, open Asset Configuration >> Advanced Settings >> click Restore Default).
    Allows an infinite browsing based on inclusion and exclusion, for example you are having a party and you want Music from the 80's and 90's, but you want to exclude the Genre Classical and Genre Soundtrack, you would:
    Browse into Dynamic Browsing, lets do the included items first, so select Year >> 1980's, and Year again >> 1990's. Now the exclusions, select [Exclude] >> Genre >> Classical, and [Exclude] >> Genre >> Soundtrack, finally[List Albums] is selected (or [JukeBox Album Selection] for a random selection of albums).
    New Addition: For the Year items a decades item is created, for example 1980's, 1990's

Excellent update - could be very handy.

Would there be a way of implementing a selection from what's currently playing e.g. if you're listening to a track that may be in a playlist, it'd be useful to be able to, say, jump to a selection for that album, artist, genre or whatever.

I find I tend to listen to playlists or a random selection then upon hearing a track think it'd be good to listen to its album again all the way thru, or another track from that artist. It can sometimes be a bind to have to navigate all the way from base camp to find it...

Cheers

Administrator

That is more of something a control point should offer, in that the interface for doing so would naturally fall to the control point.