title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP v4

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset UPnP v3.1

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Not sure, I hope to release a WHS 2011 version within the next 3 weeks if I am lucky.

If you look in registry editor:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\(perhaps Wow6432Node)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

This contains the location that Asset is using for configuration.
    Thanks Spoon

First of all: thanks for the support and the will to provide a WHS2011-version! That's great news.

Found something out, that might be interesting.

When browsing there (only the wow6432Node shows a path entry!), the path given is
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\R oaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary
    Browsing into this folder (Asset service running, of course), I only have a Microsoft-folder present, no sign of anything dbpoweramp-ish....

I went back into services and looked, how Asset was started. I changed it from running under a local system account (that seems to be the default setting when installing it as a service from the XP-Version, as you suggested) to run under the Adminstrator's account.
    All over sudden, I could get it to accept the changes I then could make under
    C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\ uMediaLibrary

I am currently copying my files over to the server, once that is one I can test, whether Asset will be running and indexing all my user-defined database-fields even if I am logged off from remote-desktop...
    Will keep you posted...
    Last edited by dvdr; 08-15-2011 at 01:16 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Spoon
    promised to get back, when all my files are copied over to the server and Asset can start to work...
    As I hoped, my current workaround was successful.
    I can now access and manually edit the settings under C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\ uMediaLibrary

For those, who want to quickly review, what I have done:
    - remote desktop into WHS2011
    - Install the XP-version of Asset and let it run as a service
    - open services "manager", rightclick Asset service, select properties. Startup should be automatic. Then change to the logon tab and change Asset from running under a local system account to run as .\Administrator and enter your Administrator password there twice.
    - All settings of Asset can still be edited with Asset's own configuration utility, with one exception: MediaDatabaseFieldsV3.txt. This file stores, what tags are indexed by Asset. That's what this workaround is for...

You do NOT need to use this workaround, if you want to use Asset with its predefined tags, you only need to do this, if you need special custom tags, that are not indexed by Asset "out of the box", such as "opus", "movement", "lyricist" etc.

Administrator

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\R oaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary

Asset might think it is writing there, but Windows 64 bit will map to a different folder:

C:\Windows\SysWow64\config\systemprofile\AppData\R oaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon, I am always again suprised by your extreme background knowledge!!!!

So, since I have it configured and running (as service, as admin) - is there any reason to change it back to run under a local account as it was in the default installation?

Administrator

Service is better for a server where you are not manually logging in.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Service is better for a server where you are not manually logging in.
    Sorry, misunderstanding: I do RUN it as a service, but when I CONFIGURE the service in the services manager (rightclick the service, the workaround I have been describing...), there's the default option "local account" or "run as". I chose the latter, entering .\Administrator and my admin-password.

Administrator

Makes no real difference

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Asset might think it is writing there, but Windows 64 bit will map to a different folder:

C:\Windows\SysWow64\config\systemprofile\AppData\R oaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary
    I assume that's why I always have to reconfigure Asset, each time I update, running on server 2008.

Is there a solution in sight or a workaround you could suggest?

Administrator

> each time I update

Each time you install a new version, or run the configuration program?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

> each time I update

Each time you install a new version, or run the configuration program?
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant every time I install a new version or a beta.
    The new version removes the old version but that includes all the tree changes which I then redo with the configuration program.
    I do not use any aother tags than the ones in Asset.

Hope that clarifies things.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon

strange thing happened due to a mistake I made, just letting you know...

I ripped and tagged 5 disks from Simply Red. I could not find them in Asset Artist/Album under Artists "S".
    By chance, I discovered them under Artists "[0-9]". The Artist's name still was displayed "Simply Red" there, but browsing into the different albums, each track was displaying the Artist ".Simply Red" (for ALL albums, note the period in the front!). This happend with Songbook, Plugplayer, Kinksy.

Looking again into the tags of the albums I ripped, I somehow must have mistakedly tagged ONE SINGLE SONG with .Simply Red as artist (with the period in front). That led to the fact, that Asset seemed to index ALL Songs using the artist " .Simply Red ", whilst in album-view the artist was still displayed as "Simply Red" (without the period) - despite the fact, that ALL Albums were sorted under "Artist [0-9] and not "Artist S".
    Strange, huh?
    Would have expected, that just the ONE wrongly tagged song or at max the album containing that very song would show that behaviour, but this had effects on ALL albums of the same artist. Wanted to let you know this, since I do not know, what further influence such a mistake might have on Asset...

A second question: Since I have two different pressings of one album, but have not specified this in the albums' title, Asset will not display those albums individually, but will merge them into one album - so when browsing the collection, that album shows up only once in the collection, and browsing into that album, I have all tracks showing up twice - of course. I know, that this is my mistake and I should mark the albums in the title accordingly to distinguish them. Or is there another way to not "merge" identically named albums?

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

P.S.: additional info for your work on a WHS 2011 plugin - as you might remember, I installed the WIN7-Version as a service on my WHS2011. So far, thanks to your support, all works well, including the "handmade" changes to allow additional, custom tags to be indexed. Only thing, that does not work: If I assign a name, how Asset should identify itself in Asset config, this name will only sometimes appear. Let me give you an example: the machine I am running it on is called "computername", in Asset, I configured it to display itself as "audio".
    I am rebooting the machine.
    - after reboot, asset is displayed as "Asset uPnP computername"
    - remote desktopping into WHS2011 and calling Asset config, looking wether it kept the configuration: the value entered in the configuration is still "audio"
    - restarting the service, Asset is displayed as "audio"
    - rebooting the computer, Asset reverts back to "Asset uPnP computername"
    This is independent, whether the service is started under a local account privilege or under administrator privileges (I can go into services, doubleclick on the Asset service, and from the second tab change the local system account to admin...)
    Seems, as if Asset on WHS2011 seems to "forget" this very single option of "display name"....

Administrator

Major Update, now issued as R4 beta.

Changes (from last beta)

Can now edit what shows under the dynamic tree

Changed dynamic to stop control points / devices which enumerate the whole tree (which is indefinite with Dynamic)

Streaming added option for maxiumum 88KHz and 96KHz

UpStream Artwork: allows the artwork from an album to appear when choosing an Artist, or Genre, etc

Added 'as is single' file extension option to allow for say flac to only be offered as flac (normally would offer FLAC, LPCM, WAV, FLAC for as is)

Added new LPCM 24 bit mono, and strengthened the LPCM 24 bit routines
    Switched over internally to AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev4
    RadioTime renamed to TuneIn Radio (same company, different name)
    If there is no stored sort value for an already stored artist/composer name and a newly added track has a sort value, then updates to sort value.

Bug Fix: Was possible for refresh all, scan if clicked multiple times to leave the library with no tracks
    Bug Fix: if there is anything after ', disc X' in the album name, it is not trimmed

Major Update, now issued as R4 beta.

Changes (from last beta)
    Added 'as is single' file extension option to allow for say flac to only be offered as flac (normally would offer FLAC, LPCM, WAV, FLAC for as is)
    Thanks a lot for this update! The new "as is single" option now finally allows me to use Asset with LG BD670, at least for the off-line content which doesn't need transcoding. Unfortunately, the playback is still broken for transcoded sources, internet radio and WASAPI.

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...-with-LG-BD670
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...ot-broken-quot

Best regards
    --
    Miloslav
    Last edited by valsolim; 09-08-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Spoon -
    I just installed the lastest build using the .msi file. Should the release show Version 4? Mine shows Version 3. I ask because I see Radiotime renamed or the "as is single" options as listed in this post http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...l=1*post114476