title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP v4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bens993
    • Oct 2010

Re: Asset UPnP v4

when installing beta v4 through remote desktop connection to WHS i get an error message windows cannot access path or file you may not have appropriate permissions... I am logged in as administrator. ????? I have installed programs through rdc and it has worked fine????

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Wait 5 minutes then try again, also copy the install to c:\installs (make the folder as required on WHS).
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wests14
        • Sep 2011

Hi - R4 is much better - installed it again alongside Squeezebox Server on both my new WHS11 server and the old WHS v1 server (as a backup). I decided to install the general windows option on both rather than the WHS specific; both run as a service and are easier to turn on and off as required - via Remote Desktop. One question - is it possible to provide an option for Asset to only detect changes to the music folders at a set time so it can be set to scan overnight only?

Comment

• ZUENDEL
          • Jun 2010

Hallo Mr.Spoon,
          Asset V.4 Beta has improved the sound compared with V.3 - gratulation!-, but the problem with gaps between the tracks is not well solved. In classic music tracks often joined directly to the next, and there may not exist any interruption. There is no problem using Twonky, but because I want to prefer Asset I think You must improve the gapless running. Why are such problems using Asset?

Thank You for quick answer
          L.Zündel

Comment

• ZUENDEL
            • Jun 2010

In addition: Ich use Linn Klimax DS as Player and Acer Aspire Easy Store 340 as NAS

L.Zündel

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Every UPnP server is gapless with a Linn DS, as files are sent via a simple http:// there is nothing for the server to do.

Make sure you have the playlist item select in the control point/

@wests14: sorry that is not possible
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

> but when there are more than one genre that the album belongs to there is no art and I get the folder icon.

The genre is shown as the two combined, or just one per genre line in asset?

>where did the option "detecting changes" and "rescan all" go

These had to go, there are some control points now which blindly browse everything, which is no good if it triggers an unintentional rebuild.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• audiokaas
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
                  > but when there are more than one genre that the album belongs to there is no art and I get the folder icon.

The genre is shown as the two combined, or just one per genre line in asset?
                  just one per line so 2 genretags for à flac belonging to 2 genres

Comment

• LionPaw
                    • Oct 2011

Hi Spoon

What a great program! I have been looking for an "audio" DNLA server and the Asset UPnP is a perfect fit! Using this with a Yamaha amp with the Yamaha AV controller iPhone app I can browse the Asset server - fast and easy to use!

Over the last couple of days I have noticed two possible bugs:

1\ When you change the name of the "server" while running as a service to say "server" the name changes on restarting the service but after a reboot of the computer the server name defaults back to the default "Asset Upnp: Server" but in the settings still displays "server"

2\ Not sure if this is the Yamaha AV Controller app which displays the browse tree or Asset server but I get intermittent displaying of album art - sometimes it works and sometimes it does not but I cannot seem to find a pattern. (http://uk.yamaha.com/en/news_events/...al/iphone_app/)

Also just a couple of feature requests that would make the app even better for me:

1\ Would it be possible to implement a character based search function within the browse tree - ie: using the iPhone in the Yamaha iPhone app which displays the browse tree I could type "Counting Crows" in a search and it returns the list based on this - either artist , album or tracks?

2\ Could the "library details" show more statistics - it is always nice to see how your collection is growing ie : number of albums, number artists, last library update?

3\ Could "rebuilds" and "update scans" be initiated from the browse tree?

Once again thanks for a great application!
                    Last edited by LionPaw; 10-11-2011, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• ZUENDEL
                      • Jun 2010

Hallo Spoon,
                      I do not understand "as files are sent via a simple htto://". I rip my CDs with dbpoweramp, then give the datas in the NAS with WHS1 (Containing Asset and Twonky) and then I play the music using my iPad from the Klimax (Playlist is select in the control point!)
                      and nevertheless Asset makes the problems when one track follows the other, and Twonky works without problem.
                      Please give me more exact information!

Thanks L.Zündel

Comment

• dvdr
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ZUENDEL
                        Hallo Spoon,
                        I do not understand "as files are sent via a simple htto://". I rip my CDs with dbpoweramp, then give the datas in the NAS with WHS1 (Containing Asset and Twonky) and then I play the music using my iPad from the Klimax (Playlist is select in the control point!)
                        and nevertheless Asset makes the problems when one track follows the other, and Twonky works without problem.
                        Please give me more exact information!

Thanks L.Zündel
                        Hi
                        I have a similar setup - Ripping with dbpoweramp, running Asset, have been using WHS1 on a Acer H340 (now changed servers to WHS2011), and have a lot of gapless live or classical albums, that I play on my Akurate DS: never had a problem with gapless.
                        What Control Point are you using - Songbook, Plugplayer, Kinsky? What format do you rip to (wav, flac, wma....).
                        I can just only assume, that something along the way from ripping to playing must be "corrupt", since Asset in conjunction with the Linn DS's never ever had a problem with gapless - as Spoon said, this is because of the way, Linn and Asset load and play the files.

Comment

• ZUENDEL
                          • Jun 2010

Hallo,
                          thanks for helping me! I use Songbook,Chorus ,Plugplayer and Kinsky, I use always flac: always the same problem. I noticed that-playing the track- the time indication is not always exact i.e.the second hand goes sometimes slower and then again faster .
                          Also: when I move with my hand the track playing near to the end then there is somtimes no interruption to the next track. What is that? Why does not exist this gap-problem using the Twonky server??

I would be glad if You could help me

Excuse my horrible English

Comment

• muka
                            • May 2010

Hi Spoon,

After upgrade the Kinsky for windows from 4.1.7 to 4.2.3, the album art cannot display properly and the resolution is poor. Do you know whether it is the Kinsky problem?

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Most likely, as that is the item which has changed.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• drgrittani
                                • Jun 2004

Re: Asset UPnP v4 - installation error via RDC on WHSv1

I'm getting the following message trying to install over top a registered version. "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, us Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel."

I'm logged in as administrator, what did I miss?

Comment

Working...

]]>