I am a registered power pack user since 2002, been using the whole "DB Power" audio package almost daily since then. Until a couple of months ago when my HP with XP crashed on me. I have finally purchased another computer with Windows 7 - 64 bit operating system.
I had not been to either the DB Power home page or the forum in a while, and it seems like there are some new things here. The more I read about it all, the more confused I get.........
I fell in love with DAP when I first used it, I think it was that first day I registered the power pack. I understand that DAP is no longer supported, but will it still work with Win. 7 - 64 bit??
I still have my hard drive from the crashed HP, and I still have access to all of the program files as well as any of the install executable files. I still have the order number for my registration of the power pack from back in 2002. I want to keep all of the info contained in the MMC, and I can get that file. I assume that UPlayer will not act the same way as DAP. I really liked the amp, the tray control, and the little mini control that stayed on top. I assume that UPlayer is only a command line player, and does not have the visual player that DAP had??
The features that I liked and used daily were:
1) DAP, the player
2) MMC, I liked the way this worked. I even made a skin to go with "Golden Wonder"
3) DMC, with the power pack it had everything I wanted to do. Right click to decode or encode, I used this daily.
4) Auxiliary Input, I didn't use this daily, but loved it whenever I used it.

The big question here is how do I proceed??
Do I install dBpowerAMP-r3-beta6?
Do I download the newer version of dBpoweramp Music Converter R14?
Do I have to install in different directories??
Is there Aux Input anymore??

Now that I have a new computer, I am dying to start using DB Power again, sick of using ITunes from the laptop with tinny little speakers.
Thanks for a great product.......
Da Floyd