title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How can I batch convert and keep folder structure?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How can I batch convert and keep folder structure?

I have a folder that has the following structure: C:/Music/*artist*/*album*/

All of those folders contain FLAC files which I want to convert for my MP3 player.

Is there a way to convert everything so I have a folder created during conversion such as: C:/Converted Music/*artist*/*album*/???

Administrator

Re: How can I batch convert and keep folder structure?

Set output folder as C:\Converted Music

and set dynamic naming to: [origpath]\[origfilename]

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

Thanks! :D

My Dynamic area is grayed out and unavilable....

dBpoweramp Music Converter: Registered Power Pack
    Release 14.2
    DSP Effects: Release 7
    Asset UPnP: UPnP (DLNA) Audio Server
    dBpoweramp CD Writer:
    Audio CD burning simplicity

Administrator

Reference is required to do Dynamic conversions.

Reference is required to do Dynamic conversions.
    Reference? I'm just trying to grab the first 20 seconds of a mp3 and save that as an mp3...

Do I need to do some sort of upgrade?

Thanks,
    Chris

Administrator

To upgrade your dBpoweramp software, log into your registration (with order number):

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

And follow the offer link to upgrade.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

(I tried this path you describe above and it put all the songs from two different albums from one artist altogether under one artist folder, not broken up into two different album folders.)

When I converted over WAV files to AIFF using this path code that I found on your help section:

[artist]\[album]\[artist] - [title]

It seems to work more or less fine (although I noticed in one case for the album WAVE by Jobim that it put it under the composer's name as a new artist folder, not under Jobim).

My question:

is there anyway to get the converter to copy over and put into the album folder the INFORMATION LOG, so I keep a record of it. I understand it will report the original rip but I would like to keep that info together with the music.

thanks

Administrator

Folder.jpg Preserve DSP effect will do that, it has an option to copy other files as well.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Folder.jpg Preserve DSP effect will do that, it has an option to copy other files as well.
    A problem came up with my wav to aiff batch conversion. Most of the albums came out OK, completely, but a few came out with tracks in slightly scrambled order
    within the album track list...and, more importantly, a few albums were missing, seeming randomly, one or two or more tracks that turned up under "various artists". I am pretty sure neither of these problems arise with direct AIFF rips, so I am wondering if there is another code field I should use in the batch conversion to rectify this?....any ideas?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

No idea what it means but I discovered by chance that if I click on a track in the mystery various artists album (in itunes), and then click "Get Info", when I close the box the track disapears from various artists and goes to the correct album....I know this isn't an itunes support site, but I guess I wonder if any of this relates to some coding issue from my wav to aiff conversion.

I'm trying to do the same thing as the OP, but having a little trouble. Sorry to be slow on the uptake here, but this seems to be adding one more directory/folder than I'd like to the output/mp3 folder. My process:
    1. there's a folder called "Music" with flac/lossless stuff
    2. inside that folder are a bunch of albums folders like: "artist - album" {e.g. "Radiohead - OK Computer"}
    3. I right-click on that album folder, select Batch Convert, then click the 'Convert' button in upper left of the pop-up window
    4. use 'Output To' pulldown menu, then "Edit Dynamic Naming', then set Base Location to a new general folder on desktop for mp3 conversion, e.g. "Ipod"
    5. '[origpath]\[origfilename]' in the Dynamic Naming box, hit OK button and now the pulldown menu shows: 'Desktop\Ipod\Source Path\Source Filename'
    6. Everything's perfect....except that the folder that shows up in the 'Ipod' folder is 'Music', which then contains the album folder, which contains the individual audio files. Can the containing source folder ('Music') _not_ be carried over as part of the Source Path? I'd like the output to only be the album folder immediately containing the audio files, i.e. the folder I initially right-clicked upon.

Sorry to be so verbose! I thought it was better to spell out everything I was doing (wrong).

Thanks for a marvelous program.
    Last edited by grasprelease; 11-19-2016 at 04:44 PM. Reason: added a bit for clarity

Well, um, with a modicum of footwork in this very forum, I seem to have found my answer.

From Guru Garym:
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...l=1*post137983

Except in this case, where I am using one folder with both artist and album names in its title, I would only use the TRIMFOLDER command once, not twice, to make sure only the album folder is carried over, like so:
    [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath]\[origfilename][]
    And don't forget the little [] at the end of this line. (For multiple TRIMFOLDER commands, you have to use more than one doule-bracket at the end.)

Sorry if I wasted anybody's time.