title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unable to Start CD Burning

Unable to Start CD Burning

I just reinstalled CD Writer. I am running XP and I am Ready to Burn 3 tracks totaling 60 minutes on a Gapless Audio CD (74 minutes). When I tell CD Writer to burn though it says "Unable to Start CD Burning". I cannot access the CD from the Disc Drive in Explorer either. Do I need to format the CD first?

Re: Unable to Start CD Burning

I am now able to access the CD Drive in Explorer after enabling CD recording on the drive. But CD Writer still gives me the same message. What am I missing?

Administrator

I would say something is blocking the program from accessing the drive.

I was able to burn the CD with no problem using burnatonce. Why would burnatonce be able to burn and CD Writer could not.?

Administrator

Different access methods?

dBpoweramp CD Writer message: "Unable to Start CD Burning"
    For Audio CD's, I may have found this to be related to 'optimistic' size calculations.
    i.e. Despite being calculated as less than 80 minutes, the tracks copied to the Temporary Files folder (dBpoweramp CD Writer>Create>[select Template] >Edit >Temporary Files) , to be larger than 700mb.

I am not saying that this is a direct translation to run length, however I can say that when I removed enough tracks to get it such that the temp file folder was <700mb, the message ceased, and burn was successful.
    It was the same session, and immediately subsequent, so nothing else (run as / permissions, other programs running etc.) would seem to have changed/affected outcome.