title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Possible bug

Possible bug

I have a cd of "100 Speeches" with excerpts from various famous speeches over the last century. The cd track info is completely screwed up: the metadata, and the listing info on the cd insert are different from each other and each is different from the actual tracks. The 99th track did not even get split by the producer; the actual track is of two speeches. The only way to figure out which speech is which is to listen to them. I was doing that--listening to one track while correcting the track info on a different track, and dB kept crashing, the first time after I had laboriously done about 25 of the tracks. After having it crash several more times, I ended up having to rip the tracks 3 or 4 at a time in order to keep it from crashing. I have never had dB crash before, either on my old WinMe system, or my 64-bit Vista system, but I don't remember ever using it to listen to individual tracks like that either. When I say crash, I mean not responding for a while--and, although this is not infrequent with Vista, usually you simply have to wait for things to get back to normal--but in this case, then getting the Windows window that tells you that a "problem" caused the program to stop working. This is a dual core system, and it usually has no problem with multitasking, so I don't know what the problem is. (There are still a few speechs on that cd that I don't know for sure who they are by. I could not get ShoutFactory to respond to my request for information.)
    Last edited by GeorgeButel; 07-05-2010 at 10:49 PM. Reason: language clarification

Administrator

Re: Possible bug

If it is freezing whilst ripping it suggests that the CD drive is doing the freezing not dbpoweramp.

It is not freezing while ripping: if I can get it to the point where I tell it to rip, then everything is fine. The crashes are while selecting files to rip and editing the track info. That's why I had to reduce the number of files to rip at a time. I know it will do 3 or 4 without crashing, and I'm not sure what the magic number is. It might be the cd drive, but not from ripping, rather from playing a track, because I am listening to a file while editing track info in another file.

Administrator

And if you do not play the track everything is ok?