title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Verifying flac/apple lossless files

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Verifying flac/apple lossless files

Hello,

I have a lot of files that were accurately ripped, but I'm wondering if there is a possibility to verify the correctness of these tracks again, although there are in the flac/apple lossless formats now.

I had a bad sector on one of my harddrives a few weeks ago and I noticed audible errors in a ripped cd after it, so I deleted the entire album and ripped it again. That's what made me wonder if I can verify the correctness of the files I already have on my harddrive.

The are all correctly tagged and never have been in a lossy format, so technically, it should be possible.

Any answers are much appreciated.

RedRain.

Administrator

Re: Verifying flac/apple lossless files

FLAC has a built in Md5 checksum, so convert the flacs >> Test Conversion in dBpoweramp if there are no errors shown the flacs are fine. Apple Lossless does not have this though.

Hello,

thank you for your answer!

But do you think it would be possible to create something like accuraterip for lossless files that are already ripped, probably years ago, and still validate that they have been ripped accurately and not changed since?

If I don't take care of all the tags and embedded cover art and stuf, do you think it would be possible to create a hash over the pure audio data and see if it's valid? Or is there a reason two people might come up with different flac files, ripped from the some cd, but both are accurately ripped?

Thanks in advance,
    RedRain.

Administrator

There is something called cuetools which can check against the AR DB, but you need a cue sheet (because it would store the start position of track 1 on a disc, and this is needed for AR to detect a correct disc).