title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Create individual track comment before ripping

Question Create individual track comment before ripping

I don't know if this is a Vista issue or dBpoweramp interface issue. With Vista, and I have 64-bit Ultimate, windows explorer seems to open up with different views at random anyway. But I wanted to add individual comments to a couple of tracks, so I added a comment column by right clicking and selecting comment, but there is no way to write comments in the individual tracks of the column, unlike other data like the track titles--except if I want to "add new tag" on the metadata tab in the cdripper, but then it adds the same comment to all tracks. I wanted to note on some tracks of the Led Zeppelin complete studio recordings which tracks had been part of other multi-cd set releases. Normally, I just add data like "unreleased" or "radio edit" or "single version" to the individual track title in parenthesis, but this is more information than can be conveniently abbreviated.

Administrator

Re: Create individual track comment before ripping

Have you tried select each track individually and type a comment in CD Ripper?

Yes: it won't let me click anywhere to select a comment on an individual track. I've tried the arrow keys after selecting the track title also. There's no way to get to it to type in it. It may be Vista.

Administrator

Try selecting a track then choose the meta tab at the bottom to edit comment.

That works like a charm. Thanks. Unfortunately, you have to do this for each track: select the track, click the meta tab, click on add new tag, click again, then choose from the drop down list, then write your comment. You would think that, after all that, you would then be able to edit it directly from the explorer window, but no....
    Last edited by GeorgeButel; 06-13-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: more info