title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

You would have to create a UTF-8 playlist named .m3u8 (open in notepad, select save as then choose the encoding to UTF-8, do not forget to rename .m3u to .m3u8)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mickc
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Sep 2010

Using the latest beta I still get the artist showing as "Various Artists" whenever I play a compilation album from the "album" tree. The "Compilation" tag is set to '1', which stopped my previous problem of adding an album and only seeing tracks by one artist.
      Also, when I select the "Compilation" tree there are no albums in there. Is this a result of the beta phase or have I missed a setting (quite likely!).

Mick

Comment

• audiokaas
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jan 2010

Small bug I think.

Using album by release they are sorted newest on top.
        If there are multi disc albums (using disk & Totaldisc) they are sorted highest numerb first. A three part CD is thus sored 3, 2 1 with the albumart on the last.

BTW Friendly name works on MS Server 2008 R2 (Install desktop experience without activating any features and asset install perfectly)
        Last edited by audiokaas; 09-26-2010, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• tillig
          • Aug 2009

UTF-8 and .m3u8 is indeed the playlist secret. Works! Thanks!

Comment

• tillig
            • Aug 2009

Found another playlist thing - updated my playlists (and added a couple of new ones) with the .m3u8 extension. On Playstation 3 they show up perfectly. On my Android phone (Android 2.2) the dynamic playlists ("[New Albums]" and such) show up exactly once in the list of playlists... but each of my .m3u8 playlists show up twice. So the list looks like...
            • [New Albums]
            • [New Tracks]
            • ... and so on...
            • [Top Tracks]
            • My First Playlist
            • My First Playlist
            • My Second Playlist
            • My Second Playlist

I restarted Asset but that didn't fix it. I didn't bother reindexing the library because even if I add a new playlist Asset's never seen before, it shows up twice.

Again, it appears to be correct on PS3, it's just the Android client that sees this duplicate behavior.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Originally posted by mickc
              Using the latest beta I still get the artist showing as "Various Artists" whenever I play a compilation album from the "album" tree. The "Compilation" tag is set to '1', which stopped my previous problem of adding an album and only seeing tracks by one artist.
              Also, when I select the "Compilation" tree there are no albums in there. Is this a result of the beta phase or have I missed a setting (quite likely!).

Mick
              Is the album artist set to 'Various Artists'? if so it should not be. Also which control point are you using?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mickc
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
                Is the album artist set to 'Various Artists'? if so it should not be. Also which control point are you using?
                I've removed both ALBUMARTIST and ALBUM ARTIST fields - on a fair few of my compilations one or other of these were filled with 'Various Artists', although not all of them - but it hasn't changed anything.
                I'm using Leia DS but I'll try Kinsky and report back.

Mick

EDIT: Ok, just tried Kinsky - the display is obviously different to Leia, but the right-hand pane only shows track title, with the album name and 'Various Artists' listed above.

PS I could mail you a track if that helps you at all...
                Last edited by mickc; 09-27-2010, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Yes please:

Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mickc
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Sep 2010

Done!

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

It is a limitation of Leia and Kinsky, Asset Control shows the values correctly.

For that track and others in the album, the album artist is set to 'various artists' and the artist is set to the values for the individual artist. Kinsky correctly shows Various artists for the album header in the playlist, it is not showing each artist for each track though, and at the top it is just showing the album artist.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mickc
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Sep 2010

It is a limitation of Leia and Kinsky, Asset Control shows the values correctly.

For that track and others in the album, the album artist is set to 'various artists' and the artist is set to the values for the individual artist. Kinsky correctly shows Various artists for the album header in the playlist, it is not showing each artist for each track though, and at the top it is just showing the album artist.
                        Thanks for looking into it for me.

Mick

Comment

• davel
                          • Jun 2010

I seemed to have lost the ability to detect when new tracks are added with this last release.

Anyone else notice this behavior?

Doing a "refresh all" and will see what happens.

Comment

• mickc
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Sep 2010

Hi Spoon - I've just tried the same track using Twonky 5.1.5 as server, and it displays correctly within both Leia and Kinsky. Could this be due in some way to Asset UPnP after all?

Regards

Mick

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

AFAIK Twonky has no notion of album artists and does not fill that tag, so for the album in question it would supply the individual artists only. Asset supplies both, which is the correct way to do it.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mickc
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • Sep 2010

AFAIK Twonky has no notion of album artists and does not fill that tag, so for the album in question it would supply the individual artists only. Asset supplies both, which is the correct way to do it.
                                A more than fair answer - thanks very much.

Mick

Comment

Working...

]]>