title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [codec] DSD (SACD) Decoder

Re: DSD (SACD) Decoder

i've three possibilities to extract the dff files

1.) Extract DSD Stereo Files
    2.) Extract DST Multichannel
    3.) Extract DST Stereo

which is the best (most supported) way with the on the fly decoder plugin?
    Last edited by mamema; 11-16-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Administrator

This codec needs a .dff file, rather than a raw dsd stream.

Administrator

Update

Now includes a .dsf decoder and 64 bit codec for dBpoweramp R15.

Dear Spoon,

This is a great convertor, so thank you!
    I installed this today from the link at the top of the thread but it still says version 1 - is this the newest version, please?

Secondly, it seems to have correctly converted a 5.1 DSF to FLAC. Is this correct? If so, Woohoo!

Thirdly, DSD is best converted to 88.2 KHz (rather than 96 KHz) as the native SACD DSD rate of 2.8224MHz is an exact 32x multiple of 88.2 KHz so the conversion involves a more accurate and simple "decimation" rather than resampling as such, which is needed for 96 KHz.

Is it possible for you to add an 88.2 KHz field for the primary conversion, please?

I did manage to get an 88.2 KHz file by setting your DSD to FLAC convertor to keep the same sample rate and channels but then added the "resample" filter set at 88.2 KHz
    Is this first converting to 96 kHz and then resampling to 88.2 KHz, which would be bad as two approximating conversions are occurring, in which case I should stick to the 96KHz for now??

Regards,
    Mark

Administrator

In dbpoweramp configuration >> codecs >> advanced

there you can set your output frequency for dsd however we would never use decimation (, even a simple 2:1, because using a proper frequency resampler gives much better results.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Yes it can.
    asset upnp server&*65311;

or some other asset&*65311; i can't find any information to use this decoder under asset upnp server..

I have just installed this for some DSF albums from Acoustic Sounds that I have purchased.

I just want to ask, did I install the newest release? (File says it was last modified on February 04, 2014)

I installed the link in the first post by Spoon. Just want to make sure Im using the newest version (which I believe it is since it asked to be installed in my x64 (program files) folder).

Administrator

Yes is the newest.

Hello,

after installing today DSD SACD decoder, in Asset UPnP (4.1) I've tried DSF and DFF to WAV on the fly and have problems using 96Khz (default) in advanced option: the track last too long with lots of minutes of no music (for example a song of 2:55 min will play that music then another 10:00 min of silence) before the next song.
    If in advanced option I choose 88.2Khz all is fine in replay, but both my streamers (Linn Majik DS and Yamaha NP-S2000) see the PCM as 96Khz.
    Any idea wath's wrong?

I must correct myself since 88.2Khz doesn't solve the problem.
    The trick is to use advanced option to change the sample rate once the first sample rate creates the problem. Even if I start at 88.2Khz I hear the much longer track with most part with no music before next track begins, then I change to 96Khz and the problem is gone since next reboot.
    The funny thing is that both streamers displays show last freq which cause the prob even if actual stream is at a new different freq.
    I'm using Music Converter R14.4, asset UPnP 4.1 and last DSD SACD encoder.

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by Thraex; 06-12-2014 at 04:27 PM. Reason: error

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

When converting DSD64, DSD128 & DXD formats to LPCM FLAC files, there a by-product of ultrasonic noise, above the audio.
    Could there be a dBPoweramp DSP filter to remove the DSD Ultrasonic noise?

Thanks,
    Simon.

Administrator

@Thraex what is your streamer?

If you use dBpoweramp to convert DSD to Wave, the file is the right length?

Simes_pep there is a DSP Effect 'Low Pass'

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I hadn't upgrade to DSP Effects 11. Looking at it now.

Thanks,
    Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    @Thraex what is your streamer?

If you use dBpoweramp to convert DSD to Wave, the file is the right length?
    Sorry for the delay.

My streamers are Linn Majik DS and Yamaha NP-S2000.

Using dbpoweramp R14.4, if I first convert DSF to WAV all is OK streaming with AssetUPnP.
    With on-the-fly AssetUPnP conversion from DSF to WAV I have that length problem, Majik DS shows 25:41 min instead of 6:25, so after the music it plays silence for nearly 20mins.

I recently registered Asset UPnP R4.3 and upgraded to dBpoweramp R15.1 from R14.4. I uninstalled the DSD decoder and then reinstalled it. It installed as expected into the 64-bit dBpoweramp decoder folder, but not into the 32-bit decoder folder. Now Asset can't see my .dsf files. How to fix, please?

Cheers,
    Jeff