title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: APE file + cue files : how to convert into MP3?

Question APE file + cue files : how to convert into MP3?

Hi all,

This is my very first message on the board.

Here is my problem: Iv'e got one long APE file + 2 cue file and I don't know how to convert this APE file into several MP3 files (I mean several songs not just one "block").

Here is what I have:

Many thanks for your help!

Re: APE file + cue files : how to convert into MP3?

You could mount the cdimage.wav.cue with daemon tools, then use Exact Audio Copy to convert the ape and cue into several WAV files, and then, use dBpoweramp converter to convert them into MP3

I always do that this way

Edit: I forgot: first you need to convert the APE file into a WAV file before you mount the image
    Last edited by dmdevotee; 04-05-2009 at 06:51 AM.

Many thanks for the tip:smile:

Otherwise, I have noticed that APE files are often "corrupted".
    Is it usual with this kind of audio files?

Quote Originally Posted by Marina01 View Post
    Many thanks for the tip:smile:

Otherwise, I have noticed that APE files are often "corrupted".
    Is it usual with this kind of audio files?
    I never had corrupt APE files. Does dbpoweramp converter gives you this error?

Foobar2000 have a plugin that verifies audio integrity, this checks if the audio it's corrupted or not, and other plugin to do a binary comparison between two or more tracks. The APE and WAV files of the same track shouldn't report differences

Hi,

Actually, I noticed when I converted APE files into MP3 files, I often had tracks either with "blanks" (2 or 3 seconds, it depends) or even worse with a "shrill noise" (a kind of "jamming" that is very loud).

I never have this problem with FLAC, WAV, etc. only with APE files and accordingly, it seems to me that the APE format is prone to be easily "corrupted" when convert it into MP3.

Do you think it could be a hardware problem? (CPU for instance)

Tia for your help,
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Marina01 View Post
    Hi,

Actually, I noticed when I converted APE files into MP3 files, I often had tracks either with "blanks" (2 or 3 seconds, it depends) or even worse with a "shrill noise" (a kind of "jamming" that is very loud).

I never have this problem with FLAC, WAV, etc. only with APE files and accordingly, it seems to me that the APE format is prone to be easily "corrupted" when convert it into MP3.

Do you think it could be a hardware problem? (CPU for instance)

Tia for your help,
    Cheers
    I don't think so. Hardware problems rarely occurs

I think you it's better convert the APE to WAV first. I don't think it's a good idea to convert directly APE to MP3, but it's my (could be paranoid) opinion.

If you convert from APE to WAV succesfully, there is no problem with APE files. Maybe the problem is the MP3 encoder.

If you get corrupted WAV files from the APE ones, the only advice I can give to you it's to try decode APE with both dbpoweramp & the official decoder from their website
    Last edited by dmdevotee; 04-07-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Ok, thanks for your valuable help.

Cheers