title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Re-rip frames

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re-rip frames

hi,

if dbpoweramp reference needs to re-rip some frames of a track (at the end of the ripping process), sometimes the 'rectangle' with the re-rip line inside has a red border but sometimes the border stays black.
    What's the meaning of those colors?

thx

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Re-rip frames

It's in the help-file. There is a color graphic of the box colors:
    "The red highlight shows that frames could not be recovered whilst ripping, an insecure rip."

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by pls1 View Post
    "The red highlight shows that frames could not be recovered whilst ripping, an insecure rip."
    Is it recommended to use the lowest drive speed for best results with re-ripping individual frames or is this dependent on the cd drive?

thx

Administrator

CD Drive dependant, some drives rip worse at lower speeds, some better.

Hi Spoon,

I know that this is an old thread, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I recently upgraded to DB PowerAmp Ref 13.1 on my Windoze Vista machine, and have been having a lot more re-rip problems than I had before the upgrade. While I don't *think* that my drive was jostled during it's hiatus, I can't, however, rule out any problems.

I installed the current beta version of Batch Ripper (I actually couldn't find a link to download the current production version), and am doing secure (though not ultra secure) rips to 320K AAC. I also installed the: dBpoweramp-Batch-Ripper-MiniCubis-Loader.

With all this said, I am finding that a number of my CDs are just not ripping. They end up re-ripping for ever with (as the previous posts talk about) red-box re-ripping.

I have a DiscMakers Pico (which I understand to be a repackaged mf digital baxter).

You said that it greatly depends on the specific drive that you have.

Can you offer any suggestions for how I can improve my ripping (given the above) and/or what the optimum settings are for the MF Digital Baxter?

Many thanks,

Capsmet

Administrator

You would be glad to know, that the drive on a baxtor is very easy to swap out to a different drive.

dBpoweramp Guru

Is the drive a Pioneer drive? They're generally good at DVD-related tasks, but rather poor for CD-related tasks.

-brendan