title
Products            Purchase            Codec Central            Forum & Support            Professional            About

Thread: Ripping of EMI Cpy controlled CD's

Ripping of EMI Cpy controlled CD's

At this moment I am trying the Db CD Ripper program (downloaded the Ref evaluation version). Everything works fine. I have a couple of EMI Copy Controlled CD's (for example Norah Jones, Come fly with me/Feels like home) that are very hard to rip. It re-rips for a very long time. Some tracks make it to Accurate. If I change to "Defective by Design" it gets a lot smoother, but then I don't get an Accurate validation. What's the best way to rip such CD's?

Thanks, Ralph

Re: Ripping of EMI Cpy controlled CD's

Generally speaking you are very lucky to get accurate on a copy controlled CD, personally I would rip in Defective by design.

You could use the demo version of AnyDVD from Slysoft. Just install the demo, rip all of your protected cd's and then uninstall...

I used AnyDVD to rip all of my protected cd's in my collection without any problems what so ever. I purchased a full version for ripping my dvd's but it works great for protected cd's and it doesn't need to run all of the time, just run it before you insert a protected cd.

If a drive could not over-read th false TOC of the first session, then AnyDVD would not help.

Oh ya sorry, I wasn't thinking of the various other drives that still would not be able to achieve the rip.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Another current thread on this: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=17320