dBpoweramp Renaissance is a revitalization of dAP (dBpoweramp Audio Player), re-built from the ground up with specific unique goals.
Designed to be the most efficient (in terms of memory footprint and resources used) audio player ever designed, featuring:
- Built in UPnP Renderer: Renaissance enables your PC as a UPnP playback device, it can stream audio from a NAS / web for a distributed system where multiple playback devices can scattered around the home and playback from a single audio store, controlled by hand-held remotes, such as the iPod touch. (Renaissance appears as a UPnP Renderer, with Linn DS extensions)
- Gapless playback: sample perfect decoding of mp3, Ogg and all lossless formats (UPnP gapless requires control point with Linn extensions).
- Bit perfect playback using WASAPI to bypass Windows mixer.
- ReplayGain (not currently through UPnP)
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpow...enaissance.exe 2.4 MB
Renaissance will run on Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (also on Linux under Wine, or Apple MACs with Crossover MAC)
By default can decode: Apple Lossless, FLAC, mp3, m4a, Wavpack, Wave, Ogg, Monkeys Audio, Musepack, AIFF
All codecs mentioned above can stream via UPnP (*** with the exception of Apple Lossless / m4a)
Other codecs install from Codec Central: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm
As a UPnP player, requires:
- UPnP Renderer: dBpoweramp Renaissance provides this, install on your PC, or a light-weight computer, such as ATOM, or ION based system, have a few scattered around the home,
- UPnP Server: Asset UPnP is ideal, catalogs and serves your audio, auto updating changes to the library: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-dlna.htm
- UPnP Control: Many choices here, on the PC: Asset Control ( http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=20897 ), on the iPod Touch: 'PlugPlayer': http://www.plugplayer.com/, Songbook.
After installation a configuration page shows, enabling the configuration of Renaissance.
It is also possible to run Renaissance manually, either by the command line or through a COM object: