title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Release 13.1

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: dBpoweramp Release 13.1

Quote Originally Posted by atlantic View Post

Wouldn't it be better to leave "&" out? More often than not "&" doesn't indicate different artists but a whole group. And if it does, more often than not that group+artist is known for being a single group.

"feat." and "ft." however pretty always refer to an artist not known to be part of the group but just a brief guest star.

Well, in the end it's by far not the most important issue.
    same thing I suggested

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I agree. I've been forced to not use this feature because 95% of the time & does more harm than good because its a group, not another artist.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: beta 13.1 - PerfectMeta overwrites ISRC data

13.1 beta CD Ripper: PerfectMeta overwrites CD-Text and ISRC data

In my Meta options I have CD-Text, CD-ISRC, and CD-UPC selected, as well as PerfectMeta and the internet services. (Chosen by clicking the down arrow next to the Meta button.)

In the CD ripper application I have switched on the ISRC column. (Right click the column headers and select ISRC).

When I put a CD in initially I see values read from the CD-Text and ISRC values, and then these are immediately over-writen by values read from PerfectMeta. That's maybe OK for the CD-Text, but none of the internet services provide the ISRC numbers, so they are all blanked off. (Even if the net service did provide ISRC, should I expect them to be more correct than the value read from the disk?)

[Edit: This is what happens if I use a Virtual CD ROM drive with an image mounted. The image in my test was ripped on the same PC and drive using EAC > Action > Copy Image and Create CUE Sheet.]

I can merge ISRC numbers back again by choosing the Down Arrow next to Meta > Retrieve > CD-ISRC and then Down Arrow next to Meta > Retrieve From > dbPowerAmp Cache (local)
    Last edited by sjmac; 09-02-2008 at 04:39 PM. Reason: extra info

dBpoweramp Guru

sjmac-

What vcd program and image format are you using that supports cd-text and isrc numbers?

-brendan

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

My virtual CD drive is DAEMON Tools Lite 2.12.3 (C) DT Soft Ltd

PC is running Windows Vista x64 (64 bit), quad core cpu.

ISRC/CD-Text in cue sheets in an option in EAC (EAC Options > Tools)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Missing ISRC number behavior is present if using a virtual CD drive or a real one on my system.

Different symptoms if the cd is inserted in to the drive before CD Ripper is started or after.

If inserted before, then ISRC numbers are not shown in the track grid and not written to track metadata after ripping.

If inserted after CD Ripper is started then ISRC numbers are shown in the track grid, but not written to the file metadata.

(Checked for ISRC numbers by right-clicking the file and choosing "Edit ID-Tag")

ISRC numbers can be put in to the file by following the procedure in post *48 above, but then I loose any scanned artwork that I might have added.

Administrator

ISRC would not be used with PerfectMeta, I will make a note for R13.2 to re-add it.

I am having trouble getting back to release 13. I hit yes to uninstall 13 when I went to the Beta 13.1 by mistake. It went to trial version. So I uninstalled 13.1 and re-installed my registered version 13 but I am still in TRIAL with 17 days remaining. What can I do to get this corrected?

Thank You

Administrator

Re-issue registered version of dBpowerAMP can be downloaded from this page:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

I am sorry to bother you again but that didn't work or am I reading this wrong? I down loaded again uninstalled then re-installed

__________________________________________________ ______________
    dbpoweramp Music Converter
    Release 13

Registration Status [Register]

Reference: Trial(17 days remaining) Power Pack:Registered

AMG, ETC. ETC.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

(On Wednesday, May 21, 2008 you purchased dBpoweramp Music Converter R13 (Registered),
    costing $18. This charge appears on your credit card from 'WP-ILLUSTRATE'
    if paid by WorldPay, or 'DBPOWERAMP' if Paypal was used.)

Thank You Again

Administrator

It is only because you have activated the Reference trial, so you have the reference version until that trial runs out, then it will revert to your Power Pack. To manually do it, set the month forward 2 months, run CD Ripper, then put the month back.

Administrator

Update 6 Sept2008

Big update (see first message), full release should be 2-3 weeks (need a few minor issues to fix).

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Changes:

CD Ripper - now supports c2 error pointers over firewire
    CD Ripper - fail safe detection of drives (will return Unknown for name)
    bug fix: CD Ripper - was possible a device change (new drive appearing) could effect existing CD Ripping
    Three cheers!

-brendan

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    CD Ripper - now supports c2 error pointers over firewire
    This new functionality does not seem to work properly with the Sony VGP-XL1Bx series changers. CD Ripper will report that the drive supports C2 pointers however when performing a rip many C2 errors will be reported when there should be none.

For example with a new undamaged CD I get over 2900 C2 errors reported on the first 3 minute track alone. If I disable C2 the track rips fine without errors and is Accurate Rip verified.

CD Ripper reports the drive mechanism as MATSHITA - DVD-RAM SW-9584 with 4 KB of cache and C2 pointers. Not sure of its ability to read into Lead-in and Lead-out.

Administrator

Spies:

You would have to try a direct connection to the drive, and use R13.0 to verify where the problem lies. (ie if R13.0 works and R13.1 does not with a direct IDE connection then the problem is R13.1, if not then the problem is the drive reporting false c2 errors).