title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Ripping multiple tracks to a single wav file

Ripping multiple tracks to a single wav file

Hi -- Does anyone know if DBPoweramp can be configured so multiple tracks on (say, on 1 CD), can be ripped to output a single wav file? Thanks. -- David

Administrator

Re: Ripping multiple tracks to a single wav file

Yes, install the R13 Alpha (beta section of this forum) and use the Rip as One feature.

Super, thanks!

Spoon -- One general note, and one question. I'm a DB Poweramp newbie, and I have to say I'm very impressed with the program. Sound quality is important to me, as is program functionality, and both are excellent with DB Poweramp. WEll done!

My question is involves R13, which I used over the weekend. The "rip to one" utility seems to take about twice as long as separate tracks. Typically 10 minutes vs. 5, in secure mode. Is this normal? Thanks. -- David

Administrator

If the settings are identical (secure settings) then should take the same time.

Spoon -- Thanks for the info. Allow me to relay my experience, in hopes that it is useful to the beta process. I've done several dozen rips, half regular, half "as one". The "as one" rips proceed this way, (in secure mode) without variation: 5 minutes or so to get thru pass1 and 99% of pass 2. It remains at 99% of pass 2 for another 5 - 10 minutes. The CD ROM spins down when at the start of that phase, while the c: (program) drive works furiously, and the computer slows markedly (long times just to awake from sleep saver). If I had to guess, I'd say there is some sort of "rendering" going on to stitch together the single file. My observations, FWIW. -- David

Administrator

Sorry for not mentioning, with secure mode on (and Rip as One, which it is not really designed for) you need hefty memory, as 4 passes would be 4x640 MB, a new CUE type sheet mode will be introduced which will overcome these requirements.

Thanks. Will there be another iteration of R13 that incorporates that?

Administrator

Yes, much later on.

i have some questions

1. for example, i want to rip track 1 and 2 as one track
    the combined length is 5 minutes 59 seconds
    but i don't know how many frames
    how can i know this?
    because i don't want gap of few frames (or overlap of few frames) to exist with track 3

2. why 'rip as one' will always start at 2 seconds? can't i make it start at 0?

Administrator

All CDs start at 2 seconds, before that is the lead in, 99.5% of drives cannot read into the lead in (which is silence)

I'd like to do something similar, converting several .ogg files into a single .m4b. I've downloaded the v 13 beta, but I don't see any reference to the Rip as One feature. Am I missing something simple, here?

Thanks
    jb

The Rip As One is a feature of the CD Ripper only. You'll have to find something else to combine the ogg files together into a single m4b.

That's a shame. Thanks for the info.

Looking to use an MF Digital Baxter to automate ripping hundreds of CDs as One wave file each. Is this possible with DBPower Amp?

I've got the batch ripper working with the unit but it is making several tracks. I saw this but it doesn't seem to be a setting I can choose. any advice?

Thanks in advance