title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: how do I normalise a whole playlist?

how do I normalise a whole playlist?

new (and simple!) user to dbpoweramp. I have a bunch of MP3 files in a playlist and would like to normalize the whole lot but don't know how to do it. Any help would be gratefully received

Ta

torch

Re: how do I normalise a whole playlist?

First, to use the normalize effects in dMC, you need to have the PowerPack or Reference to use the DSP effect. Second, the help file for the DSPs explains the various normalize choices and how they work.

Also, dMC r12, the latest version, does not support playlists, so you will have to manually select the files you wish to normalize. If they are in multiple directories, you will need to use the "Batch Converter" to select your files.

Re: how do I normalise a whole playlist?

I'm looking to do the same thing and not sure I understand how to do it. I have a collection of .wav files and I'm making a mixed disc with some modern music (loud) and some older tracks (quiet).....in general.
    I still want quiet sections of songs to sound quieter in relation to the rest of the song, but I would like the loudness to sound more even across tracks when listening to the entire CD. I basically need to increase the loudness of a few tracks (without clipping) and quiet a few tracks.

The Volume Normalize (ReplayGain option without ID Tags) seems the closest, but does this just work on a single track at a time, or can it analyze the entire folder of tracks and apply the proper amount of normalization on the necessary tracks.

Thanks.