title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Configuring AccurateRip?

Unhappy Configuring AccurateRip?

Hi Everyone-

I'm having some trouble getting AccurateRip to work in my newly registered dmc 12.3. Quite a while ago I had downloaded the demo of 12.2 and AccurateRip worked great, but then I left everything alone for a long time until this morning. This morning I registered, downloaded my registered copy of 12.3, and I've spent most of the day ripping, but never got AccurateRip to configure. I've turned off ZoneAlarm, and tried several popular discs (Titanic, Chorus Line, Evanesence, ... -- all US pressings as far as I know). I'm running out of ideas, but I get the feeling I'm overlooking something obvious.

As far as technical details, I have a Plextor PX-716A drive, running WinXP, and as mentioned before dmc 12.3.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, ripping takes a lot longer without AccurateRip :cry:

Thanks,
    Stephen

Administrator

Re: Configuring AccurateRip?

Are tracknames downloaded from the internet?

Are tracknames downloaded from the internet?
    Yes, all the AMG information is coming in with no problems.

Stephen

Administrator

CD Ripper >> Options >> for accurate rip make sure it is enabled, click submit and make sure that everything is correct there also (on the extending settings).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    CD Ripper >> Options >> for accurate rip make sure it is enabled
    Just checked, and yes, accurate rip is enabled.

click submit and make sure that everything is correct there also (on the extending settings).
    Clicking submit didn't do anything, but I looked through all the settings dialogs I could find and didn't see anything strange. In case it helps with troubleshooting, I screen capped all the applicable settings (I think):

1 & 2 are the basic dialog, just scrolled differently, 3 & 4 are the secure ripping settings, again scrolled. Let me know if there is something else that would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Stephen

It does show that AccurateRip is not configured, as you stated to start. Have you tried just feeding it CDs until it offers to configure? Has it ever offered to configure?

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    It does show that AccurateRip is not configured, as you stated to start. Have you tried just feeding it CDs until it offers to configure? Has it ever offered to configure?
    I ripped some 14 CDs over the weekend and it never offered to configure... Somewhere in the middle I noticed it hadn't configured so I looked up some of the key CDs (realizing all the lists online are now only a subset due to the size of the database). The first one I saw that I knew I had was Titanic, and CD Ripper actually ripped the first track and then told me it wasn't in AccurateRip. I later found out that at least one of the other discs I ripped, Chorus Line, was on the key CD list. So it's seen somewhere around 15 discs, but I could feed it a bunch more to see if anything happened...

As I mentioned in the first post, when I was demoing dmc a few months ago, AccurateRip worked, so I think it's a configuration issue, but it's possible the drive is out-of-whack enough to make all the tracks look wrong... *shrug* (But then again, it isn't telling me the tracks don't agree with Accurate Rip, just that it can't find anything in Accurate Rip to compare to)

Thanks,
    Stephen

Read this and make sure your CD drive is still in DMA mode: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4619

Administrator

Select start >> Run and type "%appdata%\accuraterip"

have a look in accurateripcache, if accuraterip is working on the internet it will place files in there.

Read this and make sure your CD drive is still in DMA mode: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4619
    The drive was in PIO mode, so I switched it to "DMA if available". I also went to the Plextor site and download a new firmware for the drive. After the combination of those two actions, the Device Manager now shows "Ultra DMA Mode 4".

Select start >> Run and type "%appdata%\accuraterip"

have a look in accurateripcache, if accuraterip is working on the internet it will place files in there.
    There is a single file in the AccurateRipCache folder: "dBAR-024-003fb30a-0451391f-49112818.bin". It and the folder were created on Saturday (Sept. 8), so that seems to coincide with when I installed 12.3.

I've been thinking about this more, and I think might be helpful to list the full history of dmc on this machine:
    1. I demoed dmc and accurate rip worked
    2. I had to replace the motherboard and subsequently wiped the system drive
    3. I reinstalled dmc (12.2) but didn't rip any cds during the demo period
    4. I registered dmc and downloaded 12.3
    5. During the install of 12.3 it asked to uninstall 12.2, but I didn't restart until after 12.3 installed
    6. Accurate Rip has not worked since the install of 12.3

I don't know if any of those previous steps could also be a factor in the problem.

Thanks again for your patience guys, seems this isn't as quick a fix as I'd hoped.

Stephen

Try to see if AccurateRip will configure now. I believe that if a drive is in PIO mode, AccurateRip will not work properly.

Try to see if AccurateRip will configure now. I believe that if a drive is in PIO mode, AccurateRip will not work properly.
    I just tried Creed Human Clay, Titanic, Chorus Line, Billy Joel's Greatest Hits Volume 1, and the Forrest Gump soundtrack, same behavior as before... No prompt to configure AccurateRip, and after ripping all the tracks have a gray "x AR" next to them...

Stephen

Thumbs up AccurateRip Fixed

After a week of fighting with this problem I finally did an uninstall/reboot/reinstall cycle and that seems to have fixed the problem. I was worried that to fix AccurateRip all settings would have to be purged, but it seems the standard uninstall worked.

Thanks everyone.

Stephen