title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CUE sheets, and gap detection

CUE sheets, and gap detection

I still have to switch back to EAC to generate my CUE sheets in the ripper. These are essential when backing up a cd so that proper pre-gaps can be restored.

Re: CUE sheets, and gap detection

This is planned for dMC r12, currently in beta.

Unfortunately, cue sheets support has been pushed back to r13.

Is there a timetable for the release of R13?

Probably not for at least a year.

That's too bad. I was hoping we'd see cue support sooner, maybe in an intermediate update? It's a hassle to have to go back to EAC just for the cue sheets. I'd guess you'd see a lot more sales of the registered version if this were supported more sooner than later.

I think, due to the complexity of implementing this feature, it won't appear until r13.

LtData, I saw your FAQ item about how .APL files, being closely related to cue sheets, will not be supported until cue sheet support is finalized. Still, isn't it ture that simply simply decoding an APL file is not much trickier than decoding an APE? I keep my music in whole-album APE rips and APL "pointers", and the tremendous usefulness of dMC is greatly diminished for me because it can't decode an APL. I know I'm just whining now, I'm sorry. I just meant to ask you to consider the possibility that APL decoding is something that might be mergable into a new Monkey's Audio plugin, so it wouldn't need a whole new dMC release. Sorry again for my seeming impatience, and for my lack of understanding for some of the complexities of this issue. It's just that dMC is a software tool that's so close to being perfect for my purposes that the last remaining gap really stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    That's too bad. I was hoping we'd see cue support sooner, maybe in an intermediate update?
    Yes,.. that would be great...

My understanding is that APL files are similar to cue sheets in that they point out the separation of tracks in the APE files to the converter/player. Therefore, this feature cannot be implemented until cue sheet support is implemented.

calestyo and Rollo: Seeing cue sheets in an intermediate (r12.1, r12.5) is VERY unlikely to happen.

calestyo and Rollo:

I'm just curious if you have got dBpowerAMP to work 100% correctly with EAC:s CUE sheets? I had some problems myself when testing this, see the thread http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12533 .

Hi Spoon,

When you implement support for CUE-sheets in dBpowerAMP R13, will it be possible to use a track based lossless rip and still reproduce (i.e. burn) the exact original using the corresponding track based CUE-sheet? Currently this does *not* seem to be possible for all CDs today when using EAC, so I wonder if it's a general limitation of using track based ripping (i.e. it's not technically possible to achieve) or if it's an EAC specific problem?

Thanks.

PS. For a discussion on the issue see the thread http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12533 DS.

Administrator

Sounds eac specific.

Sounds promising! By the way, what made you come to the conclusion that it's an EAC specific problem?

Administrator

Individual ripped tracks can contain everything needed to combine as one large track.