title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fix - For Missing Volume Control

Unregistered

Talking Re: Fix - For Missing Volume Control

Crazy Curt thanks alot this worked for me for XP

Unregistered

Re: Fix - For Missing Volume Control

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    i have the same problem and still tryn to figure it out. try going to control panel/ sounds, speech, and audio device/ sound and audio devices properties. in there go to volume and there is a box that says "Place volume icon in the task bar", click on it and it should work. the problem i have is when i click on it, i get a error measage that says i have to install the "Volume Control" program and i dont know how to install it.

Unregistered

Thanks, worked great. My hard drive crashed but the new XP installtion didn't give me my task bar contols. I had some trouble finding the check box as I am using a "classic view." But when I found it it worked great. To others keep looking it is there someplace.

I am running windows xp pro... I keep getting this message;
    Regit;
    run-time error'53':
    file not found
    thanks for any help on this issue.
    William Black billblack1@bellsouth.net

Just want thank crazy curt for his solution to the volume control problem. Used his x y solution and it worked like a charm. One lucky thing for me is that I had my registry backed up. Because in the original registry there was not volume control to be found. It all came back when I transferred the backup registry. Then I found volume control and used the x y soulution and my volume contol is o.k. now. Thanks again Curt. P.S Very important that you back up registry.

How exactly would I copy the sndvol32.exe image from my commercial XP installation media (not a vendor-supplied "recovery" CD-ROM) to the system32 folder by performing the following steps:

1. Start a command session.
    2. Navigate to the CD-ROM drive by typing

<cd drive>:

3. Navigate to the i386 folder by typing

cd i386

4. Expand the sndvol32.ex_ file by typing

expand -r sndvol32.ex_ %systemroot%\system32

when I have a burned cd with sndvol32.exe on it?

A. To display the volume icon in the taskbar notification area, you must select the "Place volume icon in the taskbar" check box in Control Panel Sounds and Audio Devices applet. If, when you try to select this check box, you receive the error

Error
    Windows cannot display the volume control on the taskbar because the Volume Control program has not been installed. To install it, use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

you need to copy the sndvol32.exe image from your commercial XP installation media (not a vendor-supplied "recovery" CD-ROM) to the system32 folder by performing the following steps:

1. Start a command session.
    2. Navigate to the CD-ROM drive by typing

<cd drive>:

3. Navigate to the i386 folder by typing

cd i386

4. Expand the sndvol32.ex_ file by typing

expand -r sndvol32.ex_ %systemroot%\system32
    Any Help Would Be Appreciated. Thanx

Please feel free to contact me @ polomasta@optonline.net or polomasta0102@yahoo.com

Unregistered

omg thanks so much! this volume control thing was KILLING me! you guys are amazing.

jc

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Hey can anyone help? I deleted outlook express by accident now my volume control will not open and the icon is missing from the taskbar can anyone help with this matter I am going crazy with no sound on my computer.

Unregistered

i did all the steps and stuff but i still cant get it to work any solution?

Fixed

I had this problem too. I just found Sndvol32.exe in my C drive
    C:\i386 (windows files)
    and put it in my windows folder....

If that doesn't work follow these microsoft instructions....
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q319095

Also make sure you try this....

Go to Start/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices. On the Volume Tab under Device Volume, put a check in the box that reads: Place volume icon in the taskbar.

Chaos Chao

Question Re: Fix - For Missing Volume Control

Hey Crazy Curt your answer would work if I could find Volume Control. The Registry comes up with things like "b" and data with "Volume Control" but I can't modify it. There were not any X and Y things so it didn't work. Do you know any other way that could help or something else I could search for? Thank you.

Unregistered

Smile Re: Fix - For Missing Volume Control

Well I found Volume Control but there are no "X" and "Y" files in my right window. Would the volume work if I created X and Y?

This might help: my volume control opened before I pressed "mute" on everything. If there was a way to edit mute options without sound control please tell me! Thx

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Chao
    Hey Crazy Curt your answer would work if I could find Volume Control. The Registry comes up with things like "b" and data with "Volume Control" but I can't modify it. There were not any X and Y things so it didn't work. Do you know any other way that could help or something else I could search for? Thank you.
    I'm using Windows '98. Volume Control is found by expanding tree HKey_Current_User/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/VolumeControl.

The Volume Control should have the audio device your system uses in one of it's subfolders. Look in that folder for the "X" "Y" values.
    If you have no audio device folder, then that might explain why you have no audio. The device is missing or uninstalled.

Hope this helps.
    Craze

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Craze
    Here's the fix for a suddenly missing Volume Control I suspect occurred when Windows '98 froze during the process of updating new skin changes into my dAP player.

The "X" and "Y" coordinates that position the volume control window from last opening got trashed in the registry.

START>RUN...type REGEDIT...click OK.

Expand tree for HKEY_CURRENT_ USER
    Click Software
    Use "EDIT" tab in tool bar...select FIND...type in VOLUME.
    Click FIND NEXT.
    Browse through registry until VOLUME CONTROL is found using F3 key to scroll with.

Click on VOLUME CONTROL...X and Y should appear in top lines of the right pane window.
    Click on X.
    Right click X
    Select Modify
    Type in the number 5
    Click "DECIMAL" radio button
    Repeat for "Y".

The values my X and Y had changed to from the freeze up were (3000)!

These things happen.

Crazy Curt

Unregistered

Crazy Curt&*65306;

Thanks So Much!

It works !!

KL