title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Windows Volume Control Won't Open Anymore

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Re: Windows Volume Control Won't Open Anymore

Hey there,
    I'm using Windows xp personal edition.
    had the same problem: my icon was on the taskbar but when double clicked the volume control opened but was invisible.
    I kind of assumed it was opening at x and y values outside of the screen and actually tried upping my screen res to find the stupid thing.
    Anyway that fix for windows 98 in the regedit worked for me.
    I was initially confused but found that the x and y values were in a sub folder from my volume control called advance ac97 audio which was probably my sound card brand or something.
    anyway the x value was like 41562 or something and y was 562 so putting 5 and 5 in sorted it.

thanks!

Comment

• Craze
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Hey there,
      I'm using Windows xp personal edition.
      had the same problem: my icon was on the taskbar but when double clicked the volume control opened but was invisible.
      I kind of assumed it was opening at x and y values outside of the screen and actually tried upping my screen res to find the stupid thing.
      Anyway that fix for windows 98 in the regedit worked for me.
      I was initially confused but found that the x and y values were in a sub folder from my volume control called advance ac97 audio which was probably my sound card brand or something.
      anyway the x value was like 41562 or something and y was 562 so putting 5 and 5 in sorted it.

thanks!
      For those still looking for the fix... http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=1156

Craze

Comment

• Unregistered

Hi, I'm using XP and I can't make this solution work. I don't come up with a volume control or x and y coordinates to change......any ideas? Thanks.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Craze
          For those still looking for the fix... http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=1156

Craze

Comment

• xlilpenguinzx
            • Dec 2004

Im really stuck!!! in the links i found to help me get the volume control back says you need the windows xp cd-rom but my laptop already came with windows XP so there isnt a cd rom!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Comment

• Craze
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by xlilpenguinzx
              Im really stuck!!! in the links i found to help me get the volume control back says you need the windows xp cd-rom but my laptop already came with windows XP so there isnt a cd rom!! PLEASE HELP!!!!
              Have you tried all of the suggestions from this other thread on the same subject? http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=1156
              There's a lot there. :D Surely one of these can fix it.

Comment

Working...

]]>